Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Infocus lp290 psu schematics needed please

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
losttoy

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Infocus lp290 psu schematics needed please Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I'm not going digital I promise. My xg1100 is still going strong and I have a 9pgxtra to fall back on

But....

I've been given an infocus lp290 with a dodgey psu and before I go and just replace the psu I'd quite like to have a go at repairing it to save a few pounds. Its going to go to a friend who doesnt have the space for a crt and she has bad eyesight too which will help Smile

I've searched for hours on the net and have asked on av and avs forums but to no avail.

So if anyone has the schematics or can even take a photo of the area on the psu where the resisters have blown I can happily geek out tonight trying to fix it.

Cheers

Rob
Person99

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Infocus lp290 psu schematics needed please Reply with quote

losttoy wrote:
Its going to go to a friend who doesnt have the space for a crt and she has bad eyesight too which will help Smile

Why bother? This is an old 4:3 business projector. Heck $500 will get her a much much better digital home theater projector. Unless she is completely blind, it would be $500 well spent. I would not spend more than about $2 to repair it.

losttoy wrote:
asked on av and avs forums but to no avail.

These are home theater sites and this was not a projector that would have EVER been used for home theater--so you are unlikely to find info there. Since it is so old, the service manual may be floating around out there.

A train station is where the train stops. A bus station is where the bus stops. On my desk, I have a work station....
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is GOOD RUCK!

IN fact, I DARE you to call the InFocus 800 number and TRY and buy a part, let alone a schematic. I posted about this about 2 years ago I think. Go waste some of Infocus' 800 money, get bounced around the world, talk to a nice guy named 'Simon' in India, then call the 800 number for the sales department in Portland, Or, who will tell you that they DO indeed sell parts, demand to talk to a parts/customer service person in Portland, and then get the royal run around.

Please do that on your coffee break, post how you made out..Smile
losttoy

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks for the replys.

$500 is way beyond anyones budget at the moment. And I was figuring that if I knew the rating of the resistors that are missing it would indeed cost me less than $2 to fix.... Hopefully

And I'm not even going to think of approaching infocus lol I've heard many a tale about their support Smile

I've found a guy on ebay thats got a psu for $80, I think I might just wait for one with a dead bulb to come up on ebay.

Thanks
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's about all you can do, is find another one that has other problems.

It's a rule in 'lectronics that if a resistor is burnt up, something else somewhere is shorted, causing the resistor to smoke. Resistors don't just burn up by themselves for no reason.
losttoy

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay it is then, thanks again for your sage advice Smile

Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: