Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Woohoo, someone wants to talk to me!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Woohoo, someone wants to talk to me! Reply with quote

OK, since I can't post in the 'moderator only' section (I'm locked out, boohoo) [Kal: fixed!], I'll post some introductory comments here.

The g/f actually suggested that I put a forum on my site. I laughed at first, but seeing that it could benefit business and the camraderie of fellow CRT owners, I figured heck, lets give it a try.

As Kal mentioned in the rules section, for now there are no rules. Well maybe one: No raster! Any raster-like behavior will be banished to dead pixel land forever. No warnings will be given. Razz

I think that based on the overall behavior of other forums, I hope/feel that little moderation will be needed here. You can swear, post naughty pictures or whatever. You can even give me sh*t. Twisted Evil Use your own judgement. If a thread gets out of hand for whatever reason, I'm sure that it will be self moderated. Worst case it will be closed or deleted.

As (or maybe 'if') this forum grows, we might need moderators. God knows I don't need a lawsuit for libel or slander thrown around here. Shocked

Also, as most of you know, I am putting in a minimum of 60 hour work weeks to keep on top of sales and service, and even then I miss some stuff on a weekly basis. I'll jump in here to see how things are going, and if I get an interesting email I'll probably throw it on the forum here so that others may benefit from the info.

If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to post them. I think for now the forum titles seem to be fine. Since it's a tiny forum right now, overlap is fine, everything is fine right now in fact. I'm thinking of adding a for sale section so that others may sell A/V stuff, CRT projectors excluded for obvious reasons (that's how I make my living!!)

So have at it! I'll make note of this forum on my next mailout that goes out to over 6000 people, so let's see what happens to the membership then.

Oh lastly, I did NOT start this forum to detract from my friends at the avsforum. I mean in no way to get into competition with them, heck I probably wouldn't be here if it weren't for them. So no major slagging of their forum please.

Cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: