Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Looking for Used CRT RPTVs

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Looking for Used CRT RPTVs Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I was thinking about getting my dad to upgrade to a large HD CRT RPTV. They seemed to be had for blown out prices on Craigslist. I have noticed that a lot of people like the Mitsus. Are any of the others worth a damn like Sony, Hitachi, etc.? Do any of these have more problems than other sets? I found one WS55809 for $300 that seems like it should be a good deal.
fireanimal

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pioneer Elite's are very nice RPTV's.

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Used CRT RPTVs Reply with quote

Spanky Ham wrote:
They seemed to be had for blown out prices on Craigslist.

Also search ebay within 25 or 50 miles of your zip code...
http://electronics.ebay.com/

Craigslist users tend to ask fair prices ($300), but on ebay you'll likely find several for "local pickup only" for <$100... usually with no reserve and very few (if any) other bidders.
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you come and get mine you can have it for nothing. Its a Mitsubishi WS-65907. Weighes in at 375 pounds. It is five feet wide, five feet tall, and 30" deep at most.

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WanMan wrote:
If you come and get mine you can have it for nothing. Its a Mitsubishi WS-65907. Weighes in at 375 pounds. It is five feet wide, five feet tall, and 30" deep at most.

I appreciate the offer. Is there anything wrong with it? I can probably come by on Friday or Saturday.
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanky Ham wrote:
WanMan wrote:

I appreciate the offer. Is there anything wrong with it? I can probably come by on Friday or Saturday.

No. In fact, its used mostly on Friday and or Saturday evenings.

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WanMan wrote:
Spanky Ham wrote:
WanMan wrote:

No. In fact, its used mostly on Friday and or Saturday evenings.

Ok, so do you want to play with it for this weekend. Very Happy I will PM you my info.
perisoft

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WanMan wrote:

2001: $5700
2008: $0

That's some depreciation for ya! Surprised

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: