Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

CloneDVD2 Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFryia

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: CloneDVD2 Question Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
For some reason CloneDVD2 on my computer does not reconize that there is a blank DVD in the drive.

If I use Roxio to copy data it works fine. If I use Window to write the DVD it works fine

CloneCD works also.

Anyone have any idea?
View user's photo album (33 photos)
rpruen

TV/Projector: BD701 FTS, BD808s

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: CloneDVD2 Question Reply with quote

AFryia wrote:
For some reason CloneDVD2 on my computer does not reconize that there is a blank DVD in the drive.

If I use Roxio to copy data it works fine. If I use Window to write the DVD it works fine

CloneCD works also.

Anyone have any idea?

Have you tried disabling the windows writing support? That can sometimes get in the way of other writing software. Having more than one writing software can cause problems also, depending on what 'drivers' or other things (superlink etc.) they use. Try removing both and re-install just one.

Also check the writing software options, if there is a menu item to display drive properties/benchmark then that would give some clues (maybe).

Hardware? Software? Vista?

Richard
AFryia

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: CloneDVD2 Question Reply with quote

rpruen wrote:

Have you tried disabling the windows writing support? That can sometimes get in the way of other writing software. Having more than one writing software can cause problems also, depending on what 'drivers' or other things (superlink etc.) they use. Try removing both and re-install just one.

Also check the writing software options, if there is a menu item to display drive properties/benchmark then that would give some clues (maybe).

I have WinXP Home. I think you may be right about the "windows writing support". How easy is it to disable?
View user's photo album (33 photos)
rpruen

TV/Projector: BD701 FTS, BD808s

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how to disable the windows built in stuff normaly. I tend to use X-Setup as it allows almost everything in XP to be tweaked. It used to be free, but I think you have to pay now Sad

Try searching on google, it's a resonably common problem, so an answer should be easy to find.

Here is the result of a quick search...

>Right-click on the burner icon in My Computer and choose Properties - if you look
>around, you will find an option to tell it to not allow burning. It will just stop
>XP from trying - it won't prevent you burning via another app...
>

Hope that helps

Richard
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: