Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

RTC2200

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noos@xp37+

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: RTC2200 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hello,

can the RTC 2200 handle RGBHV 720p 75/85/100/120HZ from my PC? What about 1080p refresh rates? Is gamma correction than also provided.

If a RGBHV picture is (left or right) shifted or (horizontally) not wide enough , can the RTC2200 compensate that? Like it is often the case when using PAL HD (HDMI to RGBHV) sources.

Thanks from Germany

Marc
beun

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc,

From which signal standard to which standard do you want to go? The RTC2200 transforms from component (YPrPb) to RGBHV and most PC's do not output component.

In direct answer to your questions: The RTC2200 handles standard 720p/60 and 1080p/25/29.94/30/60 at its component (YPrPb) inputs and a much wider range of frequencies from it RGBHV inputs. Gamma correction is supported at all frequencies.

With the optional left shift module the picture can be shifted both towards the left and the right but it does not do a stretch.

Can you tell me your intended application, maybe I have a device that is better suited to your needs.

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I live in Germany, so Pal 50hz is the standard here. Well, component to RGBHV would be used very barley. I want to use it behind my RGBHV Sony switch as a gamma boost and sometimes image shifter. So the standard version can not shift?
In my understanding some parameters of the picture signal (porches?)are to small, so that the picture is not wide enough on some CRTs. So no elements are add to the with the RTC, except gamma....

Thanks

Marc

beun wrote:
Marc,

From which signal standard to which standard do you want to go? The RTC2200 transforms from component (YPrPb) to RGBHV and most PC's do not output component.

In direct answer to your questions: The RTC2200 handles standard 720p/60 and 1080p/25/29.94/30/60 at its component (YPrPb) inputs and a much wider range of frequencies from it RGBHV inputs. Gamma correction is supported at all frequencies.

With the optional left shift module the picture can be shifted both towards the left and the right but it does not do a stretch.

Can you tell me your intended application, maybe I have a device that is better suited to your needs.

Kim
beun

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc,

Even if you would get the shift module as well it will probably not very practical for you because it is really only intended to support a single preset picture shift, it has no external shift knob.

For just the gamma correction I have a better solution, the BUF2000, it does gamma and if needed you can fix the sync width for all frequencies to a single value.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: