Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Vizio LCD 32 inch
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tamara_renae

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Vizio LCD 32 inch Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
O.K. Finally got DH to move the 32 inch tv upstairs... Yeah I want an LCD in every room or Plasma I love Flat Screens.
Well we go to turn it on last night, and just the yellow light comes on the tv will not turn on, run down get the manual and take out the power cord and replug everything in and no luck. Now it is midnight, jump on a Fix.It board... hmm seems like everyone has this problem with no luck. I know Vizio is not a great brand. So from what I am reading it sound like the power board is bad inside the unit, found where i can buy that on line, I see the other fix it board people are saying it is spendy but easy to do... being as you guys are the experts! What do you suggest?? Should I try and replace the power board? How spendy are they? Is it best to just get a new TV?? It is three years old.

Thanks!
Tamara_Renae
Seattle, WA

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Vizio LCD 32 inch Reply with quote

tamara_renae wrote:
O.K. Finally got DH to move the 32 inch tv upstairs... Yeah I want an LCD in every room or Plasma I love Flat Screens.
Well we go to turn it on last night, and just the yellow light comes on the tv will not turn on, run down get the manual and take out the power cord and replug everything in and no luck. Now it is midnight, jump on a Fix.It board... hmm seems like everyone has this problem with no luck. I know Vizio is not a great brand. So from what I am reading it sound like the power board is bad inside the unit, found where i can buy that on line, I see the other fix it board people are saying it is spendy but easy to do... being as you guys are the experts! What do you suggest?? Should I try and replace the power board? How spendy are they? Is it best to just get a new TV?? It is three years old.

Thanks!
Tamara_Renae
Seattle, WA

Well I don't have any experience with flat panel TVs so hopefully somebody with some side knowledge can come in and help...but...we're the experts on CRT front projectors, not flat screens, so you might be in the wrong place??
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats the model number?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac, help my friend Tamara. She cried for help, I told her to post here as I'm not familar with flat panels...
greg_mitch

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vizio customer service has gotten better. Have you contacted them about the issue? Where did you purchase the tv from? Have you contacted them?
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
Mac, help my friend Tamara. She cried for help, I told her to post here as I'm not familar with flat panels...

I'll do my best. Just need a model number first. Smile
CRT_Ben

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:

Ah, sorry about my first post then!
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If she wants, Tamara can tell the story about how her and I met. It was wayyy back in 1999 or 2000, over a DP 1200...Wink
tamara_renae

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Model Number Reply with quote

Oh Hey Mac thanks for the rescue email
All it says is Model L32 Vizio
Purchased July 05 at Sam's Club

Found a guy down here called Colortronics that will do a diag. on it for $30
Hey told me the power board is about $300
I think I can get the part from vancbaldwin, I am not opposed to just taking the screws out the back, and trying to put it in myself... we will see what he says about the diag.

Thanks
Tamara

Talked Viso customer serivce I did not buy the extended warrenty so they could not help me, that is how I found the guy colortronics.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh it was actually September of 09 Curt... remember you forgot to come down for New Years... the changing to 2000
Yes guys you can meet great gals on the boards.
Curt and I actually met up on Ebay, I bought my first projector, turned out to be more then I could handle, paid for it had to pick it up in a tiny honda civic and they brought it out on a fork lift! My ex-h about had a fit, got it home just too big, so Curt actually helped me sell it to guy over the phone yikes... Curt and I stayed friends.... then I got the big "D" yep and Curt and I had a few hot dates over the border.... it was fun! Then Curt forgot New Years Eve I am 100% sure he was working, I went to his office this guy works 80 plus hours a week and makes it look simple. My husband found me on New Years Eve that year we are married, but hey I still got my great International Guy Curt as my friend so a win win... so guys you never know who you might on the boards....
Tamara

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt that is sweet that you remember the projector we met over.. Wink
Tamara

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. Keep us posted as to the findings. The model number should be on the back or on your owners manual if you still have it.. I would still be interested in that model number if you can find it so I can do a little investigating and maybe find you that board a little cheaper.
tamara_renae

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Here is everything on the back when I talked to Vizio today they said that L32 is the model number weird I do have the manual and nothing
Model
Vizio L32
100-240V 60/50 HZ
Mfg. Date July 05
Serial Number AHLECBBF312830

Is that any help?
Tamara

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you find a power board assy number for that and where did you get the price. I'm coming up with 3200-0042-0157.
tamara_renae

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys will laugh... I love my Husband but he cracks me up, your gonna open the back and replace the board I am like total girl power! I know you guys don't watch that show Tori and Dean about Tori Spelling but she is all about the bigger the better, Theatre rooms and etc... and I am all over that.
Thanks Mac for all of your advice.
Tamara

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vendor
Part Number 3200-0042-0157
Description Power Board Ass'y Tm-20v
Substitute Part n/a
Estimated Weight Unknown
Availability 0
Estimated Ship Date 09/02/2008 or 6 days
On Vendor P.O. No
Core Price 10.36
Part Price 100.68
Total Price 111.04
Order Quantity

I found this pricing at VIncebaldwin. Same thing you found.

Oh the guy at the LCD repair shop told me it is $300 to get the part and put it in, and if I can do it for $100 I am just not sure what kind of tools you would need to do this. I do think the $30 is worth the diag if tells me what is really wrong with it.
Tamara

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a little more info. The model is probably L32HDTV10A. There is a fuse on the power board and that may be all that is wrong. It should be marked T4.0A 250v. Open that baby up and check the fuse. Laughing
tamara_renae

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How will I know if the fuse is bad?? Will to be discolored?
Thanks
Tamara

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac
power board is on the right side and the interverter is on the left side correct?
Thanks a Million!
Tamara

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be. Do you have a test meter of any kind? Just need to test the fuse for continuity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: