Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

HDMI Sound Cards

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angus_rg

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: HDMI Sound Cards Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Well, the other day I was mouthing off that there were no SoundCards that en/decoded TrueHD. I just wanted to say, with a little salt, my foot tastes real good:

http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/20/auzen-x-fi-hometheater-7-1-hdmi-sound-card-does-bitstream-output/

Wish I had the other links I had, but I saw it will play the HDMI AV input in PowerDVD.

Looks like Asus has/is coming out with an HDMI card as well. Hopefully SlySoft will have an HDCP update.

And to think I almost bought a Hauppauge HD PVR. I still might.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool, I really can't complain about the downmixed analog out from my Asus sound card, but this will be even sweeter.

Thanks for the link.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound I don't think is the real benefit. You should be able to play the HDMI input on your computer, making HTPCs a worthwhile investment for those who complain about HD video inputs.

"Featuring HDMI version 1.3-enabed capabilities, PowerDVD will enable users to enjoy high definition cinema on their PCs. We are excited to partner with Auzentech to offer a true, uncompressed HD audio experience by employing our breakthrough technologies.”

http://www.guru3d.com/news/auzentech-hdmi-13-pci-express-audio-card/

Anyone want to wager how long it is until Slysoft starts stripping HDCP from it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: