Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Anyone else done the VIP movie experience?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:41 pm    Post subject: Anyone else done the VIP movie experience? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Wasn't sure where to post this, but here goes.

The g/f took me to what I didn't even know existed until Friday night.. The VIP movie experience. It's an AVX sized screen, but the two theaters are specifically for people over 19, as there's a bar/lounge in front of the two theaters.

You can order food and (expensive) drinks, and even get food and drink service to your seats. The seats are better than in the typical theater, they recline, and there's a folding tray where you can have your food right in front of you.

We did the whole package deal since it was all new to me (the local theater in my 'burb doesn't have this VIP thing). Drinks were pricey ($10-14 CDN), the food was also on the high side (didn't expect anything else), but it was decent.

It was definitely nice to be in a theater without kids, that's for sure. Went and saw 'IT' Part 2, which wasn't a great flick, 7 out of 10 stars for me, but better than the last remake that I saw 3-4 years ago.

What I found is that eating anything other than candy while watching a movie is really distracting. You're looking down at what you're eating so you don't drop it, and ignore the screen. I won't do that again, I'll get there earlier and eat in the lounge, or elsewhere.

I did notice that the projector was far better aligned than say 95% of other digital movies I've seen since the switch from film. Not sure if that was a fluke, or if they vet the projectors that they install in the VIP theaters a litter better.

Overall, a good experience, but with the drinks and meals, it came to about $130 CDN/$100 USD.
garyfritz

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah those are fairly popular down here. We have a couple of them in town. It's kinda nice to have a reserved comfy recliner, even if you don't have a beer in the cup holder.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting, but I think I'd still rather watch at home! All the drinks you want, you can pause it, and food too (if you make it yourself). Best part is that I know exactly what the image and sound quality's going to look like. Wink

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say though, both the sound and video were stunning (if you like digital!) Wink

I was a bit surprised that the theater I was in was not Atmos, I figured that was the high end standard at this point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: