Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Question regarding Pioneer PDP LX508D

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanon

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Question regarding Pioneer PDP LX508D Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi,

I own a Pioneer PDP LX508D which I want to calibrate (3 months ago straight out of the box on the wall so I guess it 's about time) . Browsing on the Net brought me to this thread which I find very interesting indeed as the HCFR software seems to do a bit more then the Spider TV software I have. I do have a question though:

The display controls in the main menu of the LX508D comprise of sharpness, tint, colour, brightness and contrast - so far so good. In a second menu called colour management you find 6 slider bars for Red , Yellow, Green, Cyan, Blue and Magenta ranging from -30 to + 30

But where do I find the RGBHighEnd en RGBLowEnd controls which are referred to in the HCFR calibration software?

Are the RGB controls the hi-end and YCM controls the low-end? or visa versa? or is there still a hidden menu which I have overlooked? (or don't have access to ..)

many thanks for helping me out as I really would like to have a go with this cal soft.

Fanon
fanon

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

found the answer on the website of HCFR - someone did a calibration on the 435XDE - did a very comprehensive report on his findings - menu was somewhat hidden.
rgds
Fanon
Turbe

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings,

You can use ControlCAL and the Pioneer Display Profiles to access your Displays ISFccc Interface and activate the two ISF Day/ISF Night Memories per Input. The ISFccc Interface has all the Controls available in the Display.

Let me know and I can get you the Profiles.

www.ControlCAL.com

Regards

Shawn
fanon

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dawn,

I am a bit out of my wits here - sort of newby. Do I understand correctly that I can access my pioneer 8G Kuro via an RS 232 cable from my PC running this software? How do I activate this in the Pioneer or is it auto sensed?
Also, does this programm run alongside the HCFR software (using the 1eye color meter) as that is my current setup.
Mind you I am not an ISF professional, more a pur soul bitten by the HT virus ....

Thanks for responding
Fanon
Turbe

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do I understand correctly that I can access my pioneer 8G Kuro via an RS 232 cable from my PC running this software?

correct

Quote:
How do I activate this in the Pioneer or is it auto sensed?

ControlCAL will Activate the ISFccc Interface. The ISFccc Interface is not accessed through the Service Menu (and these Options are not available in the Service Menu).

Quote:
Also, does this programm run alongside the HCFR software (using the 1eye color meter) as that is my current setup.

Yes, many of our Users have ColorHCFR and/or CalMAN. Several Professionals use other packages as well with ControlCAL.

If you want, I will give you access to the Private Threads (soon to be Public since ControlCAL RC1 has been released) and you can read what other Users have posted with the Pioneer 8G Models with the ISFccc Feature.

-Shawn

These are pics of the 9G Profiles (the 8G's do not have the ISF Auto Memory):

PROFILE: Pioneer_9G_C3_Regions1_v0-3_P1

PROFILE: Pioneer_9G_C3_Regions1_v0-3_P2

Some Models only Support ISF Day/ISF Night and the Profile Extras Window in Post #1 above would be used.
fanon

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawn

Yes please. Question what does Regions1 mean here?

PROFILE: Pioneer_9G_C3_Regions1_v0-3_P1

I ve got a Pioneer PDP LX508D and I live in Europe (region 2) - or is this something totally different?

ths

Fanon
Turbe

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danon Smile

Regions1 is 1 of 2 Profile Sets for the Pioneer 9G's, the 8G's (which yours is) only has one Profile Set for all Models with the ISFccc Interface (All Regions).

-Shawn (aka Dawn?)
fanon

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Sorry ... it's a wee bit too hot today here ... I do apologize ..... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

grateful if you could give me access and if you want me to beta test too, let me know

Fanon
Gino

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, nice program! I'll have to use it to do my LX608A

Do you know if its possible to set the default aspect mode to 'Dot by Dot'? I like this to get 1:1 pixel mapping, but every time I turn the plasma off and on it selects 'Wide' mode.

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All those controls can be saved to the ISF Memories (individually) per Input (ISF Day/ ISF Night) if the Input supports that Control. Of course, you would have to select either ISF Day or Night for an Input in the menu.
beaverme

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fanon wrote:
found the answer on the website of HCFR - someone did a calibration on the 435XDE - did a very comprehensive report on his findings - menu was somewhat hidden.
rgds
Fanon

Hi,
Please could you post a link to the report on the 435XDE calibration, or just give me a clue where to search for it?

Many thanks,

Lee
zzkazu

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am seeking that reference also..
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: