Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Digital horror stories...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
letre wrote:
To tell you the truth i am already satisfied with my marquee 8500's quality. I use 720p because my projector needs some attention before i think hdmi / blu ray. I need to replace the blue tube because it is worn and causes a stalk yellow section vs white section on the side. It is not too bad but very annoying. When i set it at 1080p the view is unsteady and shakes.

Anyway, in the end i think that the real reason I like this crt hobby is to entertain friends. Watch a movie with such outstanding color, clarity and large size that they will just be taken. But some of them have blu rays with 52 inch Sony. I have seen the clarity, the color of these, and it is amazing. So I am wondering if any of my friends will be interested in visiting my home theater, and if they do will they consider it a step down?

Letre,

Have you tried running 1080i? It's a nice trade-off between 720p and 1080p. Half the bandwidth of 1080p, but much more spatial resolution than 720p.

Yes, a 52-inch flat panel is nice, but not for watching movies, IMHO. With good sound (which is at least half the experience, IMHO), a CRT projector (even one that isn't perfectly tweaked) will SMOKE any 52-inch display for watching movies.

Replace that tube, get a Blu-ray player and HD Fury, set it up to run at 1080i, and prepare to blow your friends' minds.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
letre

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Audio Reply with quote

I have a Denon Dolby Truehd, Dtshd and the sound is very good, even with the non blu ray. I was watching THE LAST MIMSY and noticed the surround sound on the beach scene. I tell you it is just like an isolated beach. From front to back you hear the waves and sounds of birds, etc. I Love the sound, Well I just purchased a Blue tube complete, with the whole assembly taken out of another projector. it is a Panasonic 180DMB22. I hope these are easy to install.
deej84

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Optoma HD65 720p for about a year and the picture was just ok. I had no problems with reliablity issues but when viewed up close the image was a pixilated mess, not to mention the rainbow effect that tired out my eyes after about an hour.... I sold it for a decent amount in the Vancouver area and headed over to Curt's and picked up a barely used Sony 1252. Right now I'm just running it at 480p off my Pioneer blu-ray over component because it's not accepting a 1080i signal for some reason, but let me tell you it BLOWS the doors off of 720p on the digital!! Once I get an HD fury 2 I will be in video heaven. If anyone is thinking twice about going from digital to CRT stop! Go out and get an entry level CRT and you'll be pleasantly surprised!! Thanks Curt!
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deej84 wrote:
I had a Optoma HD65 720p for about a year and the picture was just ok. I had no problems with reliablity issues but when viewed up close the image was a pixilated mess, not to mention the rainbow effect that tired out my eyes after about an hour.... I sold it for a decent amount in the Vancouver area and headed over to Curt's and picked up a barely used Sony 1252. Right now I'm just running it at 480p off my Pioneer blu-ray over component because it's not accepting a 1080i signal for some reason, but let me tell you it BLOWS the doors off of 720p on the digital!! Once I get an HD fury 2 I will be in video heaven. If anyone is thinking twice about going from digital to CRT stop! Go out and get an entry level CRT and you'll be pleasantly surprised!! Thanks Curt!

Welcome to the Forum and to CRT !!!

it wont be long before he starts looking for an 8 inch then a 9 inch then ....... Very Happy

Nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
wadde

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. I didnt even bother to have any digital lcd or dlp's at all. Lucky me i can tell from all of this Razz

Althoughy i remember some old hitachi crappy lcd i tried to get working out on a party. Bigest problem was: No damn light output whatsoever ! Whe just got to the drinks instead ..
Electrogeek

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other night, for the first time in years, i left my cave and visited a friends place to watch a movie, and to my surprise there was a little hidef lcd projector sitting there (i was expecting to watch it on tv, hence the surprise) now on a side note for those of you playing at home, i am still using a sony vph-1020 every day for my tv and movie needs. So i sit down expecting a show to colour and light with nicely blended graphics and all the joys of what 30 years of tech advances can do. BOY WAS I WRONG! it was a chicken mesh washed out disaster, and it was mounted, and focused correctly, on a nice near new screen no less, i got home and sat down in from of mine and realised why i spent all those hours setting mine up just so, and why people still to this day comment on how nice the picture is (btw... for those of you shuddering at the fact i am using a vph-1020 i have a d50 waiting to be hung, i need to make up a mount for it...)

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamalexandru wrote:
I took my camera out of the camera back pack and left the bag and the other lens in my car. When I got home, I picked up the bag and lob over one shoulder and I heard crashes behind me, one lens, one flash and a set of extension rings, fell out of the backpack. Out of my surprise, both the lens and flash survived the drop. I'll make sure to zip it up every time I open it from now on.

Pretty sure this guy is spam....

EDIT: some mod deleted him, Thanks Thumbs Up

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having digital problems too. Time for a new IFB board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: