Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Lumagen DVI Limits

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables
View previous topic :: View next topic  
energeezer

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Lumagen DVI Limits Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
What are the actual resolution limits of the Lumagen Vision DVI?
The manual says 768 is the highest vertical resolution but I was hoping it would do 1920 X 800.
Can someone with the unit please let me know if it will do more than 768. I know it will not do 1080p but I was hoping that it would do everything up to that.

Steve
VideoGrabber

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,

the manual is outdated. According to their website, the DVI will do 800p no problem. You might need a firmware update to achieve that, if yours is older.

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read this thread, there is a way to have it accept 1080p24 and person99 says it will do 1080i72 which is a very smooth picture from my experiance.

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10190

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
VideoGrabber

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athanasios,

I think Steve's aware of that thread, since he's been posting there.

He never did get an answer to his question there about 1920 X 800/60 or 1920 X800/48 on the DVI. I'm pretty sure both of those should be possible on the DVI, but as Dave mentioned, 1920 X 800/72 might be too much for it.

As for 1080i72, I believe Steve has indicated elsewhere that he's not fond of interlaced output on his PJ, and would prefer whatever adjustments are necessary to do progressive. Or perhaps I've confused him with someone else.

In any event, according to the Lumagen website, at least 1920 X 800/60p should be do-able, which is what he needs for scope.

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VideoGrabber wrote:
Athanasios,

I think Steve's aware of that thread, since he's been posting there.

He never did get an answer to his question there about 1920 X 800/60 or 1920 X800/48 on the DVI. I'm pretty sure both of those should be possible on the DVI, but as Dave mentioned, 1920 X 800/72 might be too much for it.

As for 1080i72, I believe Steve has indicated elsewhere that he's not fond of interlaced output on his PJ, and would prefer whatever adjustments are necessary to do progressive. Or perhaps I've confused him with someone else.

In any event, according to the Lumagen website, at least 1920 X 800/60p should be do-able, which is what he needs for scope.

Thanks Tim.
Correct on all counts.
RE "1920 X 800/72 might be too much for it"---I think it is too much for my XG so its moot and part of the reason I went with the DVI. If the DVI will accept 1080p/24 and do 1920 X 800/60 then I see no reason to get a higher scaler. Besides--The DVI was very cheap. Actually less money than a Moome card.
I'm looking forward to setting up this DVI. My experience with an IScan HD+ has been interesting and I'm anxious to see for myself which is the better unit. Lumagen DVI or IScan HD+. Aside from the fact that the IScan will not process HD properly or effectively (its not supposed to by the specs) it has some glitches/characteristics which cause me issues. For example. If I output from the Iscan's DVI there is still a signal on the green component output. This causes all sorts of issues for the Moome DVI/Component input card on my XG and is ability or lack thereof to determine the active input. Its frustrating because while you are trying to sort out the reasons something is not working you have to be aware that the Moome DVI input is not perfect and could be causing the issues on its own. Very time consuming getting to the root of the problems and not blaming the wrong component.
Once I have the DVI I'll use it for a while then post a comparisson between the two products.

Steve

Steve
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh didnt notice he posted there, but I also think he could do 1920x800@ 60 i have tried 48 and it looks good but I run 72 because I have the HDQ. He shouild at least try 1920x800p@72 and adjust some of the timing settings like VTOT and HTOT and the H and V syncs I do this so I can get 1080p @ 48 out, when i try it with normal settings i have to adjust the PJ's setting way to much and loose stability.

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

energeezer

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
He shouild at least try 1920x800p@72
Athanasios

I don't think my XG has the bandwidth. If the Lumagen DVI will allow it I'll certainly try so I can have judder free pans.
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read this also: Want to optimize your scaler or HTPC for CRT (calculations)

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: