Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

EXT-HD & MUX-HD: Distorted Toslink Audio

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grandmaster

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: EXT-HD & MUX-HD: Distorted Toslink Audio Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi,

I am seeing - or rather hearing - this with both Mux-HD and Ext-HD. I have PS3 and Xbox 360 tied into this box. I have HDMI audio (48000Hz PCM) going into the box, and then Toslink going out to my PC sound card.

By and large, the Xbox 360 works fine. The PS3 however has distortion in the audio, as though audio is back by white noise. I need to continually plug in and remove the HDMI cable until I get 'lucky' and I get an audio link that has no distortion. The level of distortion changes each time the HDMI plug is put in.

Very rarely this happens with 360, but it happens most of the time with PS3.

Stuff I've tried:

1. Different audio card on PC - does the same thing
2. Different PS3 (even a debug unit that has no HDCP) - does the same thing

Any one else had issues with Toslink output from PS3 and a Moome box?

Are there any fixes?
WTS

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I get that from time to time and you just need to push the reset button on the remote for the Moome box, sometimes you need to push it several times but it will clean it up. Yes it is an annoying problem.
Soundfx4

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to add I have this problem as well, and as a result I started just hooking up my toslink strait to the back of my ps3. I'll have to try the reset button trick though. Thanks for the tip Smile

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you guys have reset and get a good clean sound does it stay that way as long as the unit is turned on?
WTS

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually it does but there has a been the odd time where it has required another reset. If I remember right the original units never had this problem and the prototype of his latest version with the single input doesn't have this problem.
Grayfox

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it happens on occasion then it is no big deal for me,i just don't want to be fighting with it instead of enjoying it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: