Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

HTPC custom timings for Barco 701s

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
camaropilot

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: HTPC custom timings for Barco 701s Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hello there,

I have been reading the posts for NVidia 8600 problems. I see there are quite a few. I recently upgraded to this card and have had difficulty getting my system to speak to my Barco 701s. I had the brilliant idea to try Powerstrip again until I saw the posts. Can anyone tell me the proper settings to input into the custom settings section of the video driver? I am running the HTPC to an HDFury, Extron RGB 201 Rxi (to provide neg sync), then to the Barco.

I also use an HDMI switch before the Fury to run my standard DVD player (which works flawlessly), it's just when I switch to the HTPC that the Extron shows NO SIGNAL.

I have attached a screen shot of the custom resolution dialog which shows what the computer is currently trying to output.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

CustomResNvid8600.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  98.54 KB
 Viewed:  4426 Time(s)

CustomResNvid8600.jpg

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: HTPC custom timings for Barco 701s Reply with quote

camaropilot wrote:
Hello there,
Can anyone tell me the proper settings to input into the custom settings section of the video driver?

I have an Nvidia 8600 + HDFury combi too. I was using port 5 (BG808). Port 5 is supposed to take negative sync only. HOWEVER: for some reason, in the custom timing menu, I had to choose positive sync. On an older PC with an older NVidia card, only negative sync worked.

Maybe NVidia mixed up the signs?

Unfortunately I do not have the exact timings I use available. Normally CVT reduced blank is a good starting point.

Gerbrand
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happen's if you just select 1024 x 768 without touching anything in that menu? Will you get a picture?

Just as a test try bypassing the Extron box and run directly into the projector at 1024. It may give you a picture.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
camaropilot

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies guys,

Gerbrand, I will try the CVT, the neg sync produced by the Extron box is an absolute, again, it works perfectly every time with a standard DVD player.

Analog, I have tried setting 1024 x 768 res. I used that with my old NVidia 6800GTS. In fact, I have been able to converge the Barco at that resolution. Now, with the new card, I have been able to power up the system 'once' and have a picture. The next time I tried to start everything up (and every time since) there is no picture. It makes me wonder if the computer (video driver) is resetting something incorrectly. When I first got my HDFury, I used it directly without the Extron (didn't have it yet), but the Barco did not want to sync consistently.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: