Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

HELP DOCTOR please

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobtrav

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: HELP DOCTOR please Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I might be in the wrong place so kick me off if I am

I have 2 devices which I think could use a HDfury or something like it but I need a LOF OF help

I LOVE technical suff but leave it to you for all the details

I have a SONY 50in plasma monitor 50PX1/1N with only RGB and Sviceo and some component type inputs

The SONY PLASMA is a analog or at least RGB with no possibilities of modification This set is 4 years old and digitals cards on all other 50inch plasmas are NOT available for this one. I do not mind buying a HD fury and just trying it and then reporting to the appropriate board how it works out. I know how to connect the thing once I get the instructions.

The picture is OK but for many reasons I need to CHANGE the imput to DVI or HDMI because I have DVI on my Mits projector a XD490U and DISH 611 will NOT do both

The inputs on the plasma are Svideo and RGB with a analog pin set like the HDfury has

ON my Mits XD490U projector I use Svideo from my DISH reciever and the picture is outstanding not so with a separate feed from the OPPO into the projector for DVDs

The setup is in the same room and I have a motorized screen which comes down in front of the plasma giving me a 140 inch picture.

The picture is OK but as others have said once they had a HDfury they saw things they never knew they missed

As I said I have an OPPO 871 older model and DVD don't look as sharp or and bright as the DISH signals are

My Mistsubishi is a native 3x4 but seems to scale fine for DVDS but is not as sharp as the DISH signals

I do funnel the pictures through a DVI from the OPPO but there is definite degrading of the picture on the Mitsubishi

HELP

Bob Trav
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob, welcome to the forum.

Could you please find a link to the manual for your SONY 50PX1/1N so we can see what's what with the input's?
Also post a link to your Mits XD490U projectors manual.

I have a couple of idea's, as I'm in the HDFury form since the HDFury came out. I've seen many different configurations of set up.

Let's see what we can come up with for you.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob,

According to this page:
http://www.projectorcentral.com/Mitsubishi-XD490U.htm
The Mits projector has DVI w/HDCP.

According to this page:
http://www.plasmatvbuyingguide.com/plasmatv/sony-fwd50px1.html
If that's indeed your Sony plasma, then it too has DVI w/HDCP.

If that's the case, you shouldn't need the HD Fury for either display. Just an HDMI switch or AV receiver with multiple inputs and outputs and a couple of HDMI to DVI cables. Since you'll never be using both at the same time, you don't even need matrix capability.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there's your answer.

I'd think a basic four in two out HDMI switch would work for him then.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
bobtrav

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: right on the Mits but the Sony was a early version with no Reply with quote

digital inputs!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: