Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

HoMedics eLounger Quad Roller Massage Chair Recliner

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
betel

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: HoMedics eLounger Quad Roller Massage Chair Recliner Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I saw these HoMedics eLounger Quad Roller Massage Chair Recliner on Walmart's website. The price is right and they look like they would work in my theater well. Anyone seen these or have comments?

Thanks.
Jimmy

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4756072
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you need the massaging feature? Personally I'd save the money and get something without massaging. I imagine it would be lumpy/uncomfortable if you weren't using the massage feature. You'd always feel the roller ball things behind you. If you didn't, how would they massage?

Do you really want something to massage you for 2 hours straight? Might be noisy as well.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Bucketfoot

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's personal choice, but I would not want a recliner without footrests.
betel

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hadn't considered it may not be comfortable as a regular seat. Massaging through an entire movie would get tiresome I'd have to admit. I'm trying to avoid the expense of conventional HT seating.

Here's another recliner from Walmart: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8007188#Features+%26+Specifications

I like the appearance and price but if it's uncomfortable and won't hold up what's the point.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh. I missed the no footrest part. YEs, that's no good. You'll need some sort of footrest - it's uncomfortable to recline and keep your feet on the ground.

While everyone has different priorities and needs, I personally would not buy furniture like this from Walmart. I would question the quality.

Especially considering that the first chairs were not overly cheap ($500). Not really expensive either but not cheap. There are companies that make chairs specifically for HT that aren't that much more than that... try poking around a bit. Some are built to be flush up agains the wall and still be able to recline which is nice/needed in some rooms/setups.

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

betel wrote:

Here's another recliner from Walmart: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8007188#Features+%26+Specifications

Completely different type of chair - not meant for HT (no cupholder, very high backs making it not usable for multiple rows or great surround sound as the chair will block the rear speakers).

You can get what you like of course, but you've named 2 chairs at the opposite ends of the spectrum. Smile

Kal

betel

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently I have a couch. I tend to watch movies laying down because of this. The quality of a $300 Wamart recliner is concerning but they may be okay. I was hoping someone had tried them and would offer some feedback. I'm resonably sure recliners would add another level to the enjoyment of watching movies.
betel

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found these new Berkline recliners locally in the classifieds for $750. Its about what about what I wanted to pay. I like the tables stored in the arms rest.

Untitled 1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  54.11 KB
 Viewed:  12870 Time(s)

Untitled 1.jpg

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both for $750? Good price! I paid significantly more than that per chair in my setup and I did get a very good deal on them! Mine are Jaymar (built about 2 hours from my house): http://www.jaymarfurniture.ca/eng/hometheatre.html

Rebadged as 'Bass' in the US: http://www.bassind.com/prod_cats.cfm?catid=1007

Kal

Bucketfoot

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should like those and at a good price. It's an even better deal if they are power recline.
betel

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not power recline but are comfortable. The woman who sold them to me said the seat covering was leather but I suspect it is faux leather. Now I have to get rid of the couch I was using.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Accessories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: