Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

phpBB+1and1 et al

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Forum Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: phpBB+1and1 et al Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Kal,

You were right. The initial setup was easy. I created a MySQL database and a specific directory for phpBB2 to install to, ran the install script, removed the /install & /contrib directories and it was up and running in no time.

Have you tried the EasyMOD Installer MOD?
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope! Haven't tried EasyMOD (automatic mod installation) since I have so many MODs installed now (around 25) that it doesn't work.... I have to do them all by hand manually.

If I can suggest anything, that is to do the LARGEST mod you want to do using EasyMOD. This'll usually be the attachment mod. That one's a monster. Took me 2-3 hours to do.

I also have a separate backup forum that's a mirror of this one that I use for testing all mods and changes first.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking the sub-forum mod might be a bit of a challenge. How about that SpellingCOW MOD? The Lite version is free.

You know, I wonder if it might be nice to create a template of an installed and heavily modded phpBB that you can drop into directory, modify MySQL database info and be off and running for environments needed multiple discussion boards.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpellingCow's on my list of things to do....! I want to get one that's 100% standalone (not sure if that one is) so that if ever their site is down we're still ok.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Forum Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: