Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

What's the secret to custom interlaced res's through Moome ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elaine Benes

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: What's the secret to custom interlaced res's through Moome ? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hey, I'm trying to get custom HD resolutions working through the Moome HDMI input board, and pretty much nothing works if its Interlaced ??
I've got an ATI HD2600XT and I'm using Powerstrip to define custom res's. If I try 1920x1080i at 96Hz refresh it produces an unusable image with lines all through it, etc.

I have had lots of success defining custom interlaced resolutions with Powerstrip before, and they display fine on my analogue monitors, but so far, no luck AT ALL with interlaced custom res's through the Moome VIM HDMI card...

Any ideas ??

I'll post similarly in the Moome forum, maybe its particular to the input card...
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I remember doing 1080i/60 and 1080i/72through the 2005-DVI card. I don't have my '07 HDMI installed yet. I'll have to try that.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Elaine Benes

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnalogRocks wrote:
Hmm I remember doing 1080i/60 and 1080i/72through the 2005-DVI card. I don't have my '07 HDMI installed yet. I'll have to try that.

Please do, it would be great to have some independent confirmation that I'm not crazy...

I've been using 72Hz and 96Hz refresh for 1080i without any issue with one of my HTPC's through analogue output to my ancient M8000. When I try the exact same resolutions through the DVI output of the computer, using a DVI-HDMI cable, to the new Moome HDMI input, they just won't work. All "normal" HD resolutions work through the Moome, just not the custom refresh 1080i ones I like so much.
Kinda frustrating....

Has anyone else noticed the HDMI cards don't fit the slot very well ??
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elaine Benes wrote:
AnalogRocks wrote:

Please do, it would be great to have some independent confirmation that I'm not crazy...

I've been using 72Hz and 96Hz refresh for 1080i without any issue with one of my HTPC's through analogue output to my ancient M8000. When I try the exact same resolutions through the DVI output of the computer, using a DVI-HDMI cable, to the new Moome HDMI input, they just won't work. All "normal" HD resolutions work through the Moome, just not the custom refresh 1080i ones I like so much.
Kinda frustrating....

Has anyone else noticed the HDMI cards don't fit the slot very well ??

Can't say about your Moome card but on my Gen 1 Moome XG card I was unable to do anything but 1080i 60Hz. So I just went back to RGB. I might use the Moome for a cable box input, It would probably work fine for that.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also unable to get 1080i 96hz to work from my Sapphire HD2600XT to my ISS Moome card.

It either looks blurry, or won't sync.

I went back to analogue, it just works...
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark_A_W wrote:

Agree 100%, it just doesn't make sense to fight it when you don't have to. But I think you spell it analog.

We'll have to ask Mr. Analogue Rocks to be sure Smile

Mike

Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeEby wrote:
Mark_A_W wrote:

Agree 100%, it just doesn't make sense to fight it when you don't have to. But I think you spell it analog.
..............................................Analog Rocks
We'll have to ask Mr. Axnxaxlxoxgxuxe Rxoxcxkxs to be sure Smile

Mike

Wink Thumbs Up

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Mark_A_W

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeEby wrote:
Mark_A_W wrote:

We'll have to ask Mr. Analogue Rocks to be sure Smile

Mike

Not if you speak ENGLISH Smile

Go look in the Oxford English Dictionary. Analogue, Programme, the letter "Z" (pronounced ZED) does not appear in every other word - it should be an "S"....

Bloody Americans! Rolling Eyes
lydmann

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: What's the secret to custom interlaced res's through Moo Reply with quote

Elaine Benes wrote:
Hey, I'm trying to get custom HD resolutions working through the Moome HDMI input board, and pretty much nothing works if its Interlaced ??
I've got an ATI HD2600XT and I'm using Powerstrip to define custom res's. If I try 1920x1080i at 96Hz refresh it produces an unusable image with lines all through it, etc.

I have had lots of success defining custom interlaced resolutions with Powerstrip before, and they display fine on my analogue monitors, but so far, no luck AT ALL with interlaced custom res's through the Moome VIM HDMI card...

Any ideas ??

I'll post similarly in the Moome forum, maybe its particular to the input card...

1080i isnt 1920x1080, is it? thats 1080p
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1080i is very much 1920x1080. Just takes 2 passes to draw it so the entire picture is only updated 30 times second instead of 60 as in the case of 1080p/60.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
lydmann

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
1080i is very much 1920x1080. Just takes 2 passes to draw it so the entire picture is only updated 30 times second instead of 60 as in the case of 1080p/60.

Kal

So if I want to use 1080i on my htpc, what resolution should I set then? is it 1920x1080@30?
kschmit2

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it'll depend on what you want to watch.

For video sourced material you will want 29.97 Hz or a multiple thereof, and for film-sourced material it will ideally have to be multiples of 23.976 Hz.

The HTPC will only offer 25, 29.97 and 30 for interlaced 1920x1080 iirc, but custom timings will allow any other refresh rate.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF you want to set your HTPC to output 1080i, you can't just set it to 1920x1080 at 30 Hz refresh. that would be 1080p/30.

You need to use something like powerstrip and check of the "interlaced" checkbox for the rez you're setting up and it'll then interlace the resolution (ie: it draws it in 2 passes)

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
kschmit2

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
IF you want to set your HTPC to output 1080i, you can't just set it to 1920x1080 at 30 Hz refresh. that would be 1080p/30.

You need to use something like powerstrip and check of the "interlaced" checkbox for the rez you're setting up and it'll then interlace the resolution (ie: it draws it in 2 passes)

Kal

Actually at least ATI seems to have hardcoded those refresh rates to interlaced in their drivers. But of course Powerstrip is much more useful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: