Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

samsung bd-p1000

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scotha

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: samsung bd-p1000 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi everyone, I have just started having issues with my player not playing new releases. The first was surfs up, all it would do is say loading. The second was reign over me, it sticks on loading also but shows the movie title. The machine works fine with the discs that i own, but these 2 are rentals that have no scratches on them. Could this be a firmware issue? Is this a common problem? Thanks for any help. Scott. I'm suspecting bad disc's i have had a total of 3 all rentals that would not play.

scotha

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: firmware update Reply with quote

Tried spiderman 3 today and player would not play it, totally black screen. So I went to samsungs web sight downloaded the instruction manual and latest firmware, loaded it into my player and spider played flawlessy. Now to try the others I had problems with.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man that's what I hate about d!gital crap. They always have you updating this or that. I've never had to flash the firmware in my Beta, LD, VHS, reel to reel, cassette or turntables.

I did however buy the latest DVD-RW drive only to find out it doesn't talk nice with the motherboard and they can't or wont 'update the dam driver."

<end rant>

On a lighter note, hope this fixes your playback problems.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AR, on the tape/vinyl you just had to live with wear on the media. With the exception of LD as an optical solution the others sustain wear whether you think so or not. Now, I love analog, but even I am willing to recognize the simple physical facts. And there is no evidence that says had digital not come along that the industry at large might have implemented some sort of player-based system the likes the OP is experiencing.

Its not the media, but the player.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love my vinyl also, I have a denon dp-60L turntable with a grado sonata cartridge and it simply blows cd away.
mike calcott

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the shop where I work we had a Samsung BD-H1400 which would not read the disc, this was the display model to show customers the latest technology, six more units were unpacked, gues what none of them worked, they could not even read Samsung's demo disc
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike calcott wrote:
At the shop where I work we had a Samsung BD-H1400 which would not read the disc, this was the display model to show customers the latest technology, six more units were unpacked, gues what none of them worked, they could not even read Samsung's demo disc

Yep that's what I call quantity control. They ship in large quantities to make the bottom line for the share holders look good. Seldom is heard a disparaging word about returned units at a share holders meeting I'd say.

I bought an el-cheapo DVD Karaoke player because it has a VGA output. I had to exchange the first one 4 times to get one that worked and the second one I bought I had to exchange once. A forum member here bought one just to play with and 10 minutes into the setup it died. I did get it running again by holding all the front panel buttons and powering it up.

He was supposed to exchange it last I heard. It was making some drive noise.

That's quantity control. Thumbs Down

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
scotha

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't speak for the 1400, but my 1000 works great. Ever since the firmware upgrade I have not had any problems, it has played every movie that I have tried with no issues.
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I updated the firmware I have not yet experienced this inability to play a regular or BD disk. I have the Samsung BD-P1400.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: