Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Good warm-up screen saver for XP?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lyd

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Good warm-up screen saver for XP? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Most people seem to recommend letting tv run for 10 or 20 minutes before doing any serious viewing or making adjustments. I don't have TV. I could pop a random movie in, of course, but that is kind of irritating. So far, I have been mostly just turning on the projector and leaving the desktop up for a bit.

I don't think I want to make a habit of that, though, for burn-in reasons. Also, who doesn't like a cool screen saver? Wink

Anyone have any recommendations for a good one that would do a good job of getting everything warmed up, without any static bits? I suppose a simple slideshow is the easiest answer, but that seems kind of lame. Plus, my pr0n drive is offline right now.

lyd
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just go to take a screw out of your computer case and you'll be 3 hours into the warm up already. Ahhh computer time.

I use the sharks screen saver. It cycles the static bits once a minute. You can also set it to no back ground IIRC.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Tom.W

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or play this or this ... Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOsHc6MEwpU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrBK4CYcjEU&feature=related

Smile
jask

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the man was a genius of comedy!!
View user's photo album (4 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: