Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

TheaterTek + Ffdshow + questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luke63

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: TheaterTek + Ffdshow + questions Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi all!

First of all... sorry for my bad english.

I need to know your answers for my following questions:

1: Ffdshow. How can I increase ecp4500's focus using ffdshow?
Which value? I will use ffdshow only for this option, for now.

2: Resolution. If I watch dvd only (not HD) which resolutin I have to use?
800 x 600 or 1024 x 768 ? Dvd resolution is 720 x 576.
Tha first one is more stable that others, right?

And what about High Definition? Can I use 1024 x 768 or I've to use 1280 x 720?

I want to know informations for hdfury that I want to use with my Playstation 3.
Will I have resolution or size problems? I mean, ecp4500's mapping is 1:1?
I hope that my english is not so bad and that someone of you, expert people,
can tell me to understand better this amazing world of htpc.

Thanks.

Ciao!
Luca
perisoft

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't improve 'focus' on the projector by using FFDShow. But you can use it to upscale and clean up / sharpen the raw data you're sending the projector, and to scale and display at the projector's sweetspot resolution rather than one lower or higher. I'd suggest that ffdshow could improve PQ even on a straight video projector if set up right.

For resolution - this depends on your projector (and to some extent what your video card will allow). My stopgap living room HT is running a 1271q at 1440x960, interlaced at 48hz, but that's mainly because my laptop's video card pukes if I try different combinations! I don't know much about your PJ, but you'd want to pick the resolution it works best at and then play with different refresh rates (72 / 48 / 48i) to see what you like.

AFAIK you shouldn't have a problem running 4:3, but remember that the wear pattern will be different whether you're running 16:9 within 4:3 (in which case eventually the wear will show up running 4:3 material) or 4:3 within 16:9 (in which case the opposite).

As for actually making ffdshow WORK within theatertek, you'll have to ask somebody else. I've never been able to make it work, so I use Zoom Player. Smile
Darren Wadsworth

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is your screen 4:3 or 16:9?

Darren

perisoft

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know it's late when you're reading the forum, start in on a thread, think, "Hey, this guy's got a 1271 too!" and then realize you're reading your own post.

Aaggh! Rolling Eyes
Luke63

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

perisoft wrote:
You can't improve 'focus' on the projector by using FFDShow. But you can use it to upscale and clean up / sharpen the raw data you're sending the projector, and to scale and display at the projector's sweetspot resolution rather than one lower or higher. I'd suggest that ffdshow could improve PQ even on a straight video projector if set up right.

Sorry... I'm late... Embarassed

what does PQ mean?
Which setup/value have I to use for the best cleanup/sharp picture?

perisoft wrote:
For resolution - this depends on your projector (and to some extent what your video card will allow). My stopgap living room HT is running a 1271q at 1440x960, interlaced at 48hz, but that's mainly because my laptop's video card pukes if I try different combinations! I don't know much about your PJ, but you'd want to pick the resolution it works best at and then play with different refresh rates (72 / 48 / 48i) to see what you like.

My projector is an ECP4500. I tried several resolutions such as: 800*600, 1024*768, 1280*720. Frequency? 50 or the best for me is 75hz. My best resolution is 800*600 with the best focus/sharp picture. Do you think 100hz is a good idea or not?

So... 800*600*75.

perisoft wrote:
AFAIK you shouldn't have a problem running 4:3, but remember that the wear pattern will be different whether you're running 16:9 within 4:3 (in which case eventually the wear will show up running 4:3 material) or 4:3 within 16:9 (in which case the opposite).

AFAIK? Sorry... What does it mean? Other people told me it's better to use 16/9. I can include 2.35:1 in it. I don't have a screen. I use a wall of my "home theather room". It's white.

perisoft wrote:
As for actually making ffdshow WORK within theatertek, you'll have to ask somebody else. I've never been able to make it work, so I use Zoom Player. Smile

I don't know zoomplayer.

Ciao!
Luke63

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: please.... Reply with quote

Darren Wadsworth wrote:
What is your screen 4:3 or 16:9? Darren

... se my answer to perisoft.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: