Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Does it have Negative Sync? [EXT-HD]

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SNVP

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: Does it have Negative Sync? [EXT-HD] Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
What is the rail voltage for the box? I need to know because I need to have negative sync - that is +/- 5V or greater. Does anyone know what the power supply to this box is?

Simon
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you're referring to the EXT-HD?

Just curious - why do you need a 5V swing on sync lines? Most video signals are 1V or so (at most).

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's photo album (18 photos)
SNVP

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: Negative Sync Reply with quote

The EXT-HD - sorry for the confusion
SNVP

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Need for swing Reply with quote

We have a processor that needs to have +/-5V swing in order to accomodate the enhanced modulation.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So while the video lines (R/G/B) usually are around 700mV max (some do as high as 1V), I'm not sure about H/V sync lines.... are they usually higher? Anyone know?

Kal

WTS

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Typically normal sync levels are -.3 v and for tri level it is +/- .3v. Now some units output TTL level sync which is 5v, but I've never heard of a sync signal with a swing of +/-5vdc and I can't imagine where or why it would be required in any circuit. If you want to get those kind of levels get a TTL to RS232 convertor and pad the outputs to +/-5vdc.

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Need for swing Reply with quote

SNVP wrote:
We have a processor that needs to have +/-5V swing in order to accomodate the enhanced modulation.

What processor? What exactly are you doing? Like Walter, I've never heard of sync signals with swings this large.

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: