Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

FAQ: ISS2200 Component to RGB Converter Input Card w/ Gamma

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: FAQ: ISS2200 Component to RGB Converter Input Card w/ Gamma Reply with quote

Note: This item is not sold or supported by CurtPalme.com! When purchasing you will be paying and dealing directly with the third party seller/manufacturer.

DISCLAIMER: Any dealings with the third party seller/manufacturer listed here, including the delivery of and the payment for goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings or promotions, are solely between you and the third party seller/manufacturer. Curtpalme.com shall not be responsible or liable for any part of any such dealings or promotions.

CURTPALME.COM IS NOT THE SELLER OR MANUFACTURER OF THESE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. THE SELLER/MANUFACTURER MAY HAVE PROVIDED A WARRANTY ON THE GOOD(S) PURCHASED. CURTPALME.COM HAS NOT MADE, AND DOES NOT MAKE, ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, PROMISE OR COVENANT, EXPRESS OF IMPLIED, AS TO THE CONDITION, QUALITY, DURABILITY, CAPABILITY, FUNCTION, PERFORMANCE, OR SUITABILITY OF THE EQUIPMENT, ITS MERCHANTABILITY OR ITS FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. BUYER AGREES THAT CURTPALME.COM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR EITHER SPECIFIC PERFORMANCE OR ANY LIABILITY, LOSS, TAMPERING, ABUSE, DAMAGE, INCLUDING CONSEQUENTIAL AND INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF BUYER'S PURCHASE OF THE EQUIPMENT, ANY DEFECTS IN THE EQUIPMENT, OR FAILURE OF SELLER/MANUFACTURER TO TIMELY DELIVER THE EQUIPMENT.

ISS2200 Component to VGA Converter Input Card w/ Gamma Boost (for NEC ISS Switchers)

Click HERE to order today directly from the manufacturer!

To be notified immediately of any news on this product, click HERE (you must be registered and logged in).

Add a component input to your NEC ISS switcher!

The ISS2200 converts the component (YPbPr) signal found on many source devices to a RGB signal required by most CRT projectors, computer monitors, and some TVs.

It is similar in function and design to the RTC2200 component to RGB transcoder but is meant to be installed in NEC ISS switchers. The RTC2200 it is regarded by most enthusiasts as the best component to RGB transcoder available (regardless of price).

NEC ISS switchers are external switchers used by many home theater enthusiasts due to the high quality/high bandwidth switching, low price (can be found used), and flexibility. While built by NEC for their CRT projector line, ISS switchers can be used by any RGB capable projector or TV.

Specifications/Features:
  • High-Bandwidth (up to 1080p/60) component to RGBHV transcoder.
  • Adjustable gamma correction for absolutely perfect shadow detail. The gamma curve up to 30IRE can be adjusted in order to improve the low level linearity.
  • Completely removes all sync from the output.
  • Automatic or manual setting of H-delay, H-width, V-width, H-polarity and V-polarity, including user selectable positive or negative sync output for older projectors like Barco 800/801/808/1208 that only accept negative sync.
  • Manual or automatic color conversion selection for SD and HD color space.
  • Accepts bi- and tri-level sync and is Macrovision compatible (except 480i, 576i).
  • Accepts the following component video formats: 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i23/25/30, 1080p50/59/60
  • All sync settings as listed above can be individually set in automatic or in manual mode.
  • The black level of the output signal can be manually set which is ideal for DC coupled systems.

Reviews/Testimonials

See the RTC2200 reviews/testimonials. The ISS2200 is based upon the same circuitry as the RTC200 so performance is similar.

FAQ

What's this gamma control for? What does it do? Why would I need it? Can't I just bump up my brightness?
For a complete explanation of Gamma Correction, please see this thread.

My display requires negative sync to work (Example: Older Barco units like 800/801, some 808). Can I force negative sync output with this device?
Yes, there are jumpers available to force negative sync output.

Does the ISS2200 change the resolution? Upconvert or downcovert?
The ISS2200 does not change the resolution or refresh rate in any way. It simply converts the component input signal to an RGBHV (VGA) signal. The ISS2200 outputs whatever resolution you feed it. Absolutely nothing is changed.

Futher questions should be directed to Crescendo-Systems at: crescendo-systems@curtpalme.com

-

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: