Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Welcome to the forum Kim!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Welcome to the forum Kim! Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi Everyone!

We're pleased to announce that Kim (owner of Crescendo-Systems) is now a member of our community here!

Kim is probably best known in the CRT Projector / Home Theater community for his excellent RTC2200 Component to VGA Transcoder with Adjustable Gamma. This product is now available for order directly through the Curtpalme.com website!

The RTC2200 converts the component (YPbPr) signal found on many source devices to a RGB signal required by most CRT projectors, computer monitors, and some TVs. It is regarded by most home theater enthusiasts (myself included - I own one!) as the best component to RGB transcoder available (regardless of price). The fact that it's one of the least expensive ones available and has a pile of extra features is an added bonus!

Kim's user name here and on other forums is BEUN. If you have questions about his RTC2200 and other products, feel free to post here!

Thanks for joining our community Kim!

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
jask

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome Kim!
Thanks for all the work developing this great product for our little market Thumbs Up
View user's photo album (4 photos)
zaphod

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome Kim, i look forward to getting my RTC2200 when production starts again (and still kick myself for not getting it a couple of months back when i meant to do so!)

--lance

Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaphod wrote:
welcome Kim, i look forward to getting my RTC2200 when production starts again (and still kick myself for not getting it a couple of months back when i meant to do so!)

If you haven't already ordered, you can do so here at the RTC2200 Order Page. The sooner you get the queue, the sooner it'll ship. Kim's just waiting on some boxes but they should be arriving any day.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
zaphod

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
zaphod wrote:

If you haven't already ordered, you can do so here at the RTC2200 Order Page. The sooner you get the queue, the sooner it'll ship. Kim's just waiting on some boxes but they should be arriving any day.

Kal

nope, already ordered on the 18th, so i'm in the queue. i'm actually rather excited about getting it, and really did intend to order back in august, but that was a busy time for me. sigh.

in the next month or two -

hook up the HD-DVD
add in the Fury
add in the RTC2200 for gamma
upgrade the XG to an LC model (thanks curt!)
replace the screen with one that has no wrinkles

and then bring on winter - i'm ready for some serious movie watching Mr. Green
beun

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to thank Kal for the opportunity to be on this forum, it tells me I am doing something right.

As Kal already mentioned the new cases have been ordered about 2 weeks ago and I will check this Monday if I can an ETA. I will keep you all informed.

Kim Beumer (Beun)

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim makes one fine transcoder ! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
PJMoore

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two "Kimcoders" and they are great additions to the theater. Kim solved one problem I had been experiencing since changing from a Sony 1272 to a Marquee 8500. The Marquee kept blinking to black momentarily. It turns out that all RTC2200s ship with negative sync ( both H & V ). Changing the jumpers to give positive sync solved the problem. Thanks, Kim - first for the help, and second for thinking ahead and making a very flexible product.
Rolls-Royce

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been reading about this product with great interest. It sounds like the hot setup with the HDFury (which I already have). I know that the RTC's gamma correction is active on the RGB passthrough, but wanted to know if the other adjustments such as sync and width are also. I had to do a LOT of work on my CRT RPTV to get the horizontal blanking and width acceptable after installing the Fury (my analog-only set is very picky about signal timing), and was hoping that the RTC 2200 would allow me to return it to a stock configuration for use with component-only HD sources if needed.

I've read the PDF manual for the 2200, but couldn't find mention of whether or not all the picture controls are active on the RGB passthrough.

Thanks for any help you can give me, guys!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Royce,

All controls work on both component input and RGB passthrough, including the timing options.

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beun wrote:
Royce,

All controls work on both component input and RGB passthrough, including the timing options.

Kim

Wow! An answer from the man himself. I consider that a definite "yes". Wink

Thanks, Kim!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the order, I have been calling my case provider a few times already but I haven't received a definite delivery date yet. I will keep you informed.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kim,

Welcome to the site, good to have you here.

beun

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update on the status of the RTC2200's:

The cases have been milled and are off the the silk screener, they shoud be on their way to me this Friday. I am still not quite satisfied with the service as I haven't had a good explanation why it took three weeks before the order was put into the system.

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the update. it's great to deal with someone who keeps us in the loop.

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim, I was wondering what you were up to. Good to see that you're still hanging around. Hope all is well, man.

Matt

beun

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been very busy at work, but still paying attention to Crescendo. I am picking up the pace again.

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All,

I just received a voicemail update from the case supplier, they are going to be shipped today. Lets keep all of our fingers crossed, in the meantime I will start to assemble boards in advance.

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo-Hoo!Very Happy

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent news. thanks for the update Kim!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: