Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

IFB-HD: Sony HDMI/Component Input Card (DISCONTINUED)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: IFB-HD: Sony HDMI/Component Input Card (DISCONTINUED) Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Note: This item is not sold or supported by CurtPalme.com! When purchasing you will be paying and dealing directly with the third party seller/manufacturer.

DISCLAIMER: Any dealings with the third party seller/manufacturer listed here, including the delivery of and the payment for goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings or promotions, are solely between you and the third party seller/manufacturer. Curtpalme.com shall not be responsible or liable for any part of any such dealings or promotions.

CURTPALME.COM IS NOT THE SELLER OR MANUFACTURER OF THESE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. THE SELLER/MANUFACTURER MAY HAVE PROVIDED A WARRANTY ON THE GOOD(S) PURCHASED. CURTPALME.COM HAS NOT MADE, AND DOES NOT MAKE, ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, PROMISE OR COVENANT, EXPRESS OF IMPLIED, AS TO THE CONDITION, QUALITY, DURABILITY, CAPABILITY, FUNCTION, PERFORMANCE, OR SUITABILITY OF THE EQUIPMENT, ITS MERCHANTABILITY OR ITS FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. BUYER AGREES THAT CURTPALME.COM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR EITHER SPECIFIC PERFORMANCE OR ANY LIABILITY, LOSS, TAMPERING, ABUSE, DAMAGE, INCLUDING CONSEQUENTIAL AND INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF BUYER'S PURCHASE OF THE EQUIPMENT, ANY DEFECTS IN THE EQUIPMENT, OR FAILURE OF SELLER/MANUFACTURER TO TIMELY DELIVER THE EQUIPMENT.

IFB-HD: Sony HDMI/Component input card with Gamma and IR remote

Click HERE to order direct from the manufacturer!

To be notified immediately of any news on this product, click HERE (you must be registered and logged in).

Upgrade your Sony projector by adding a HDMI/Component input with gamma correction and infrared remote control!

The IFB-HD allows you easily add digital devices such as HD-DVD/Blu-Ray players, PS3, X360 Elite, Satellite/Cable HDTV set-top boxes, and HTPCs with HDMI graphic cards (to name a few) to your Sony projector. Simply plug the IFB-HD into your Sony, your DVI/HDMI device into the IFB-HD, and watch! Installation takes 5 minutes.

Specifications

• INPUTS: HDMI FEMALE Input Port (100% digital), Component Input (3 RCA connectors).
  • HDMI input resolutions: 640x480 up to 1600x1200 (PC), and 480p up to 1080p at 60Hz (Video). (Any resolution and refresh rate up to 165Mhz pixel clock is supported).
  • DTV mode support (480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p) for 50 and 60Hz
  • Component Input resolutions: 480p, 1080i, 720p, 1080p
  • Supports 4:4:4 RGB / YCbCr Input
  • Supports 4:2:2 YCbCr input
  • Supports both 16-235 and 0-255 colour range and auto selects correct value
  • BT601 (component) and BT709 (HDTV) colour space transform support with auto mode detect for correct colour space
  • High precision > 200Mhz 10bit DAC
  • High speed > 500Mhz output buffer
  • PC plug and play
  • HDMI 1.1/1.2 compliant as well as HDCP 1.0/1.1 compliant
  • HDMI/Component input auto-switching with user selectable priority setting
  • IR remote control input select
  • Gamma correction adjustment - variable
  • Low power consumption when disabled

FAQ

What unique features does this card offer?
  • TWO INPUTS: HDMI Female 100% digital, Component YCbCr analog (3 Female RCA connectors).
  • Auto-switches between inputs with user selectable priority setting).
  • Infrared remote control for switching between between the inputs.
  • Variable Gamma correction for absolutely perfect shadow details.
Are there any advantages to using this HDMI solution instead of a DVI based solution?
  • HDMI supports input cables up to 15 meter (50') long while most DVI solutions require an external power supply for lengths over 5 meters (16').
  • No crushed blacks (a problem on some some sources when using DVI). Reason: HDMI supports RGB 4:4:4 along with YCrCb 4:4:4 and YCrCb 4:2:2 colour spaces. DVI supports RGB 4:4:4 colour spaces. All source material is YCrCb and some sources do not correctly convert this to RGB causing a black crush problem where some of the darker picture information is lost. Sources that do this are rare, but still exist (the Toshiba HD DVD players being the most notable).
  • HDMI 1.1/1.2 and HDCP 1.0/1.1 compliant. (DVI is HDCP 1.0 compliant).
What's this gamma correction add-on card? What does it do? Why would I need it? Can't I just bump up my brightness?
For a complete explanation of Gamma Correction, please see this thread.

How do I adjust gamma on this card?
See this Gamma Tuning Guide for Moome products

May card doesn't seem to work at all!
There are 3 jumpers on the card (J1, J2, J3) that must be set correctly depending on the type of Sony projector you have. See the PDF manual below for the correct jumper settings for your projector.

On my G90 the picture fluctuates from dark to light and does not stablize
You need to go into the service menu and change your clamp settings from Auto to H/P (H/C also works for some so feel free to experiment on which setting works for you). On the remote do the following: Normal, enter, enter, up, down, enter, enter...SERVICE MENU... INPUT SETTING... CLAMP. Change CLAMP from AUTO to HP.

On my G90 at 1080p, I get a signal that's VERY dark, and shifted to the left
See last issue. The clamp settings must be changed in the G90 service menu.

Manuals

The IFB-HD user user manual/data sheet can be found here. (v1.2, 0.1mb PDF)

Reviews/Testimonials

See this thread for user reviews.

Glossary

• DRM: Digital Restrictions Management - technology to restrict what you can do with media you purchase
  • AACS: Advanced Access Content System - the DRM infection used for both Blu-ray and HD-DVD
  • BD+: An addition to AACS for Blu-ray discs, that provides additional restrictions to what you can do
  • HDCP: High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection - Encryption of data over digital connections
  • HDMI: High Definition Multimedia Interface - A digital connection found on most new HDTV's, all HDCP compliant
  • DVI: Digital Visual Interface - Precursor to HDMI, found on many older HDTV's.
  • ICT: Image Constraint Token - Downsamples HD output to standard resolution when hooked up over analog (component) cables
  • DAC: Digital to Analog Converter

Pictures

Gamma adjustment module and remote control:

(The remote is not really intended for every day use of course - simply program the IR codes into your user friendly existing programmable remote).

July 12, 2007: IFB-HD cards being tested before being sent out to customers:

Questions should be directed to Moome at: MoomeCard@CurtPalme.com

Click HERE to order direct from the manufacturer!

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:34 pm; edited 33 times in total
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Person99

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few corrections Kal:

Quote:
2. HDMI supports both BT601 (component) and BT709 (HDTV) color space, so no black crash on some HD sources.

I believe this means "black crush" and the black crush issues are not due to color space. They are due to incorrect YCrCb -> RGB conversions (DVI only supports RGB 4:4:4 whereas HDMI supports that plus YCrCb 4:4:4 and YCrCb 4:2:2) in the source. All source material is YCrCb and some sources do not correctly convert this to RGB. These are rare today but still exist (the Toshiba HD DVD players being the most notable).

Quote:
3. HDMI processes the image at 10 or 12 bits deep while DVI is limited to 8 bit.

The processing bit depth and the bit depth of the image are two completely different things. DVI is limited to 8-bit for the image whereas HDMI can do 8, 10 or 12 bit (this difference is irrelevant since every single source there is is only 8-bit).

As far as processing bit depth, since sources must convert the 8-bit YCrCb to 8-bit RGB for DVI connections, the processing bit depth may be 8, 10, or more in the source. Most are 10 which is sufficient.

Quote:
4. The SIL907B's chip's DAC found on most DVI solutions is only 8bit (effective number of bits) while external 10bit DAC used on Moome's HDMI will have higher performance.

As far as the DAC, according to John and the Sil907B specs, it performs at 10 bits (yes effective bits).

A train station is where the train stops. A bus station is where the bus stops. On my desk, I have a work station....
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Moose

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has a price been determined, with the optional gamma card?

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Person99 wrote:
A few corrections Kal:

Quote:
2. HDMI supports both BT601 (component) and BT709 (HDTV) color space, so no black crash on some HD sources.

I believe this means "black crush" and the black crush issues are not due to color space. They are due to incorrect YCrCb -> RGB conversions (DVI only supports RGB 4:4:4 whereas HDMI supports that plus YCrCb 4:4:4 and YCrCb 4:2:2) in the source. All source material is YCrCb and some sources do not correctly convert this to RGB. These are rare today but still exist (the Toshiba HD DVD players being the most notable).

sorry, this should Kal mis-understanding. he will correct this later.

Quote:
3. HDMI processes the image at 10 or 12 bits deep while DVI is limited to 8 bit.

The processing bit depth and the bit depth of the image are two completely different things. DVI is limited to 8-bit for the image whereas HDMI can do 8, 10 or 12 bit (this difference is irrelevant since every single source there is is only 8-bit).

As far as processing bit depth, since sources must convert the 8-bit YCrCb to 8-bit RGB for DVI connections, the processing bit depth may be 8, 10, or more in the source. Most are 10 which is sufficient.

yes, but as my working experience, i have worked for DVD chip company before. some DVD have problem when convert YCbCr to RGB. HDMI can use YCBCR path and no problem. see this

http://221.169.10.62/hdmi_output_mode.pdf

Quote:
4. The SIL907B's chip's DAC found on most DVI solutions is only 8bit (effective number of bits) while external 10bit DAC used on Moome's HDMI will have higher performance.

As far as the DAC, according to John and the Sil907B specs, it performs at 10 bits (yes effective bits).

i have 907B datasheet here, it is 10bit design, but 8 bit guaranteed.

any way, thanks for person99 correct some incorrect information.

907.GIF
 Description:
 Filesize:  21.58 KB
 Viewed:  70259 Time(s)

907.GIF

moome

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moose wrote:
Has a price been determined, with the optional gamma card?

the price still same as before!
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've added pricing info to the original thread.

More will come as soon as it's ready for pre-order.

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the updates Dave. I've added/clarified some info....

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Release date changed to be likely some time in July 2007....

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Advanced model will be offered as well. Here's a complete price breakdown:

IFB-HD Basic Model: $310 USD
IFB-HD Advanced Model (with gamma circuit): $385 USD
IFB-HD High End Model (with gamma circuit and IR remote): $435 USD
Priority worldwide shipping included!

Hoping to get pre-orders going soon.

Units will start shipping in July (likely late July).

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update!

The IFB-HD is now available for pre-order direct from the manufacturer! Click
[here]

(Expected release date is late July 2007 - Quantity is limited!)

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI: Moome's received a new batch of these IFB-HD back from the manufacturer and is testing them all before sending them out...

July 12, 2007: IFB-HD cards being tested before being sent out to customers:

Kal

LJG

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moome:

Has the New Sony card been updated with the same chip as the new Marquee card?
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LJG wrote:
Moome:

Yes. The Sony IFB-HD and Marquee VIM-HD are the same card. Just a different internal interface.

Kal

LJG

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kal
LJG

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received the card I assume any slot A B or C is good for the G90U?

Also is the card supposed to be installed by following the 2 plastic guide rail tracks in the slot?

Thanks
Frank D

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LJG wrote:
Just received the card I assume any slot A B or C is good for the G90U?

Also is the card supposed to be installed by following the 2 plastic guide rail tracks in the slot?

Thanks

Should work fine in slot B or C. Most I think use B.

Yes, just slide the card following the 2 plastic guides.
Frank D

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
LJG wrote:
Moome:

Yes. The Sony IFB-HD and Marquee VIM-HD are the same card. Just a different internal interface.

Kal

Kal,

I believe the moome Sony HDMI card has been out since about Jan 2007. Is current batch of July 2007 basic (ignoring add on features like adjustable gamma and remote control) Sony HDMI cards changed from the initial Jan 2007 batch or is the card the same?
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank: That I don't know I'm afraid. Maybe Moome will chime in.

Kal

moome

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank D wrote:
kal wrote:
LJG wrote:
Moome:

Kal

Kal,

I believe the moome Sony HDMI card has been out since about Jan 2007. Is current batch of July 2007 basic (ignoring add on features like adjustable gamma and remote control) Sony HDMI cards changed from the initial Jan 2007 batch or is the card the same?

the basic IFB card is V1.332 also, have improved compare to Jan 2007 version!
garyfritz

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some questions:

* Is the "Advanced" model exactly the same as the "High end" model, except it doesn't come with a remote? In other words, can you control an "Advanced" model exactly like a "High End" if you work out the remote codes, or does the "Advanced" model actually have fewer features? (I don't want a $50 remote if I don't need it!)

* Is the gamma correction basically the same as tse's or Kim's gamma boosters, with a single control determining how much to boost the low 0-30 IRE area? A friend thought the "High End" model had 20-point gamma control but I think he's mistaken.

* Does this gamma circuit maintain a constant 0.7 Vpp when you adjust gamma, or does it boost the Vpp when you boost gamma? Kim's/tse's circuit boosts the Vpp and that's a pain -- you need to use something like an Extron box to scale it down so you don't overload your video input circuitry. And that wouldn't be an option with an internal card so I'm hoping this card produces a constant Vpp?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: