Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

All about lenses (specs/datasheets/pictures/etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad Mr H

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
How many times !!! Rolling Eyes

EACH Lens type has Colour filtered and NOT colour filtered make sure 100% you buy exactly what you want.........
Thats the HD8,HD144,HD145,HD6.

ALSO From a Seleco Manual I found out that Tac4 lens is 5 lines per mm and the HD6, HD144, HD145 are 10 lines per mm

I had not seen that info anywhere else.....
Joust

TV/Projector: Marquee 8501LC

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, colour filtering aside. You are telling me that the HD6 and HD144 are the same size. Is the front element interchangeable?
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Tom.W

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens elements are not interchangeable between different designs and you also have spacer and element size to consider
picree

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Context: I have a BG808 with the 180DVB22 tubes mounted about 134" from a 93" screen with HD-8's. I will be replacing them with HD-144's. So, before taking the proj down I did some rough tests to determine throw angle, screen width etc. Results below.

I stuffed in some high density foam in the HD-8 shroud to make a better temporary mount for the 144. This was better than my previous attempt. It sounds crude but I was able to get good focus edge to edge and have it hold while taking measurements.

Surprise! A change of only one millimeter will change the focal distance by 18" Shocked Shocked The throw angle for the HD-144's that I get is somewhere between 21.8-22.1 degrees off center. I felt 21.8 was a little more accurate so I used that in the table below. Please don't use the numbers to calculate where to exactly hang your projector! Use them as a guide only! Check first by moving the proj (or the screen) back and forth to get the desired screen width at max raster.

Gap to CRT (mm).......Dist to screen (in)...Screen width (in).....Calc/meas
.....5.0............................116.........................93.......................meas
.....4.0............................134.........................107.....................meas
.....3.0............................152.........................122......................calc
.....2.0............................170.........................136......................calc
.....1.0............................188.........................151......................calc
.....0.0............................206.........................165......................calc

FWIW...Note that the "Gap to CRT" is to the face of the cooling chamber...NOT to the actual phosphor. So, putting these lenses on a different proj would probably give different results...depending upon the thickness of the liquid cooling chamber.

The last few mm are way more important than I thought. Shocked One millimeter of lens travel buys a whole bunch of screen width. Max width? Depends on the brightness achieved but technically it looks like it's about 13' 9".

Please note: I have a limited setup. I can't move the proj and I have to sling a temporary screen which isn't exactly square to the proj. And the furthest I can actually get between proj and screen is about 11'. None-the-less the numbers seem to be reasonable. Any results beyond 11' have been calculated based upon the estimated throw angle for the 144's. Since I extrapolated most numbers above please proceed w/ caution. Use only for rough estimates. Wink

Someone with a proj on a cart, a 20' room, and permanently mounted HD-144's could get more accurate results but for now this can be used for estimates.

Curt
View user's photo album (30 photos)
Tom.W

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Curt . Lots of great information !

QUOTE:

"EACH Lens type has Colour filtered and NOT colour filtered make sure 100% you buy exactly what you want.........
Thats the HD8,HD144,HD145,HD6."

I think what mad was trying to say is... Just about ALL lenses are color corrected with single or multi-coating for better contrast and less internal flare between internal elements but color filtered lenses are exactly that . They have built in color filters . Usually only on Red and Green the Blue is not filtered ,
Mad Mr H

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god for USA English!!!

Thats what I was trying to say..............

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here seems also have some lens info
http://www.cinetson.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5313&sid=5c66a628930e4270cadb4ae3ce139ae6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX2Rtpr1njs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZP9FEFXV5c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j065vei6j6s
http://www.facebook.com/pages/JTS-Racing-team/204443719572685
Joust

TV/Projector: Marquee 8501LC

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom.W wrote:
Thanks Curt . Lots of great information !

QUOTE:

"EACH Lens type has Colour filtered and NOT colour filtered make sure 100% you buy exactly what you want.........
Thats the HD8,HD144,HD145,HD6."

I think what mad was trying to say is... Just about ALL lenses are color corrected with single or multi-coating for better contrast and less internal flare between internal elements but color filtered lenses are exactly that . They have built in color filters . Usually only on Red and Green the Blue is not filtered ,

OK
call me thick but, are you simply talking about the obvious coloured element or something different?
144 and HD6 look very similar but exactly how similar are they?
View user's photo album (1 photos)
picree

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may have been forgotten or overlooked but do you guys remember that the Barco Lens program has a database built-in for various lenses? Shocked

Unfortunately you can't mix and match lens/proj BUT, you can put an HD145 on a Cine7 and compare it with an HD8 on an 808s. You may be able to make some estimates about phosphor usage, projector distance, and even a few on the optical performance.

At least it might give someone a rough idea of how far they might expect to move the projector when switching lenses. Wink Wink

Curt
View user's photo album (30 photos)
Tom.W

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean this one ?

http://www.barco.com/events/en/downloads/lensProgram.asp

Forgot about that one ...
Mad Mr H

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the above link by 1031...........

I have included this text so it is never lost........

en 7'', CinEtSon a écrit:

TAC 2 :

TAC 3 :

TAC 4 :

Delta HD2 :

HD6 HACC :
Tres bonnes lentilles, color corrected et disposant d'un filtre anti reflet.

HD6-MLC :
D'apres ledocTT et d'autres ayant teste, ce sont les meilleures lentilles "polyvalentes" disponibles pour 7"

Noritar X14 :
Excellente lentilles en verre pur pour une base d'image de 140cm +/- 10%
Leur conception en verre pur les rend tres precises, mais diminue la luminosite de 10% par rapport a des lentilles acryliques.
Elles donnent une image parfaite a qui se retrouve devant cette limitation de taille d'image.

Noritar X17 :
Idem X14 : taille d'image : 170cm +/- 10%

Noritar X22 :
Idem X14 : taille d'image : 220cm +/- 10%

Noritar X27 :
Idem X14 : taille d'image : 270cm +/- 10%

HD 144 :

en 8'', CinEtSon a écrit:

VPHL-10 HACC - PT43 :

VPHL-10 HACC - PT65 :

HD8 - A :

HD8 - B :

HD8 - M :

HD 145 :

HD 18 : equipent les Sony G70

en 9'', CinEtSon a écrit:

TOC7 :

HD10E :
Lentilles "tous terrains" : 90'' -> 300'' de diagonale (225cm->750cm)

HD10L :
Performances optimales pour petits ecrans.
Ideale pour ecrans de 60" a 90'' de diagonale (150cm->225cm).

HD10GT17 :
Resolution superieure pour une taille d'image tres precise.
Ideale pour ecrans de 100" a 140'' de diagonale (250cm->350cm).

HD10GT26 :
Ideale pour ecrans de 150" a 200'' de diagonale (375cm->500cm).

HD10GT30-67 :
Ideale pour ecrans de 210" a 460'' de diagonale (525cm->1150cm).
GEBrown

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merci beaucoup!!
Very Happy

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a minor contribution... available elsewhere (the Marquee manual) but I took the time to extract the PDF page. May be useful having this in the context of this thread for posterity...

Also, do you want pics of the hd117 and 114 lenses in a Barco RetroData 801? I've got a set unmounted.

For the novelty I should have kept a set I pulled from a (relatively) high-end RP set... USPL HD85 (i think) LC lenses, the set had colored C elements.

Mad... expect a silly question or three... I'm about to eval a Seleco that a friend got for nothing and I've never seen one before.

--Edit-- Forgot the doc...
And, I've already printed and read everything here on Selecos...

Marquee_Ultra_User-Master__V2.pdf - Lens Tables.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Marquee_Ultra_User-Master__V2.pdf - Lens Tables.pdf
 Filesize:  53.83 KB
 Downloaded:  1683 Time(s)

"Those countries which lag behind in industry, in the application of mechanics and technical chemistry, in the careful selection and utilization of natural products, where the respect for such activities does not permeate all classes of society, will unfailingly decline in prosperity. They will sink faster when neighbor states, with an energetic exchange between science and industry, go forward with renewed vitality."
-- Baron Alexander von Humboldt: 1769-1859
PeeGee9er

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HD-212 from a Retro 708s, same mounting as HD6

(can't this thread be made a sticky Question )

HD-212.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  31.25 KB
 Viewed:  25644 Time(s)

HD-212.jpg

cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for your amusement...

And you thought an HD-10 was big!

This monster formerly contained a CRT with Schmidt-type optics much like the
original Novabeam tubes.

CJ
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump.

I've got a couple of sets of HD10GT lenses with no number suffix after the GT. They came off of Barcos. I'm guessing they came out after the HD10, but before they split the GT into the 17 and 26. I can throw these onto a set, but does anyone know if these are an all 'round high res lens or for smaller or larger screens?
Tom.W

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a very good question Curt as I can't remember ever seeing them listed as HD-10GT's . I was hoping that kal could download the links and PDF's to the CRT info page just in case the links go away like so much of the other CRT info . Then they would be here for posterity . Wink Wink Wink
Tom.W

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any new info on HFQ900's ?
ElTopo

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now have my 808s LC units and have to say that the HD-215 are the worst lens i've ever had !

Center is sharp but the edges waayyyyyyyyyyy out of focus.

I cannot recommend these lens.

Back to the HD-177-12 Wink

ElTopo
Chuchuf

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElTopo wrote:
I now have my 808s LC units and have to say that the HD-215 are the worst lens i've ever had !

Center is sharp but the edges waayyyyyyyyyyy out of focus.

I cannot recommend these lens.

Back to the HD-177-12 Wink

ElTopo

You do know that the CElement can be an integral part with the lens assy. In other words you cannot use a G70 CElement w/ say a HD-177 lens.

Terry
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12
Jump to: