Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Barco C7 image jitter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluemoonhu

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 18, 2023 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
The deflection board is so easy to break, this is my fourth deflection board that is broken.
Once the deflection board is broken, it is likely that the power supply board is also broken。
bluemoonhu

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 18, 2023 4:37 am    Post subject: Barco C7 image jitter Reply with quote

These two fuse resistors are burnt out

QQ图片20230518123543.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  193.32 KB
 Viewed:  4737 Time(s)

QQ图片20230518123543.jpg

bluemoonhu

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 20, 2023 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replaced two fuses, but the problem was not resolved. I checked the deflection board but couldn't find the cause. It's really disheartened
bluemoonhu

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 23, 2023 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a short video. When there is no signal input, the "SF" LED lights up red. Where is the fault?
https://youtube.com/shorts/udNrMWDWGLU?feature=share
bluemoonhu

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 25, 2023 12:54 pm    Post subject: Barco C7 image jitter Reply with quote

I seem to have noticed liquid on the circuit board below a capacitor on the deflection board. Is this capacitor already broken?

QQ图片20230525204704.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  165.23 KB
 Viewed:  4568 Time(s)

QQ图片20230525204704.jpg

kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 25, 2023 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Measure it and see.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
bluemoonhu

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 25, 2023 1:17 pm    Post subject: Barco C7 image jitter Reply with quote

kal wrote:
Measure it and see.

Kal

OK,I am ready to replace it。Thanks!
bluemoonhu

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 26, 2023 12:59 am    Post subject: Barco C7 image jitter Reply with quote

More than one capacitor is leaking liquid, and this capacitor is also leaking liquid

QQ图片20230526085723.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  114.05 KB
 Viewed:  4537 Time(s)

QQ图片20230526085723.jpg

bluemoonhu

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 26, 2023 1:01 am    Post subject: Barco C7 image jitter Reply with quote

Both capacitors are of this model

QQ图片20230526085730.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  320.27 KB
 Viewed:  4535 Time(s)

QQ图片20230526085730.jpg

bluemoonhu

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 26, 2023 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After replacing these two capacitors, I started up the cine7,but the fault still persists.
bluemoonhu

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 28, 2023 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the red light of the "SF" LED indicate that it is only a problem with the deflection board? Will other board failures cause "SF "to light up red? For example, the failure of the SMPS board。

I have repeatedly checked most of the components of the deflection board and found no problems.
Hulio

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 28, 2023 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only the deflection board can cause a lit SF led.
Could be also from the SMPS+EHT and RGB input and driver. Check first all 15 fuses on the smps.
I sent you a mail with the location and values of all fuses, as well as the schematics of the scannfail circuit of Cine 7.
I remember, when i had a Cine 7LT myself, disconnecting and reconnecting the linearity coil (big yellow coil mounted above the controller) also solved a SF led status. You can try that too (disconnect the 5 blue wires connector at the coil side, not the deflection board side).
bluemoonhu

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 28, 2023 1:38 pm    Post subject: Barco C7 image jitter Reply with quote

Hulio wrote:
Not only the deflection board can cause a lit SF led.
Could be also from the SMPS+EHT and RGB input and driver. Check first all 15 fuses on the smps.
I sent you a mail with the location and values of all fuses, as well as the schematics of the scannfail circuit of Cine 7.
I remember, when i had a Cine 7LT myself, disconnecting and reconnecting the linearity coil (big yellow coil mounted above the controller) also solved a SF led status. You can try that too (disconnect the 5 blue wires connector at the coil side, not the deflection board side).

Thank you very much.
I have been checking the deflection board, replacing the fuse and several capacitors, and then repeatedly checking with a multimeter. No further problems were found because I still have three faulty deflection boards in my hand, which can be compared for inspection. Next, I will focus on checking the SPMS board.
For the GBR board, I have replaced it with another GBR board, but the fault still persists. In addition, in the two fault LED lights on the deflection board, the LED light in the center of the deflection board lights up when starting up. Can we eliminate the fault of the GBR board?
I will focus on the SPMS board.

Thanks!
bluemoonhu

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you,Hulio
The "SF" fault code has been completely resolved, The fault of the GBR input board can cause the fuse of the deflection board to burn out . At present, the machine is operating normally, with normal convergence, geometric adjustment, etc. However, when there is no signal input, the grid pattern is Jittering , while when there is S-video input, the image is rolling.

https://youtu.be/sI8cEkCnC2s
https://youtu.be/OYRGfjuy7wY

Thanks
Hulio

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, for the first problem I thought it was the splitter, but you already swapped it.
Regarding the second problem with active video on S- video, it seems a vertical hold issue.
On the deflection board, you have an aluminium box, with a small hole on the lower-right side. There you have P676 adjustment pot for vertical auto-lock.
While video is active, make small adjustments with a screwdriver, till the image is stable. Those trim pots can loose impedance over time.
bluemoonhu

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hulio wrote:
OK, for the first problem I thought it was the splitter, but you already swapped it.
Regarding the second problem with active video on S- video, it seems a vertical hold issue.
On the deflection board, you have an aluminium box, with a small hole on the lower-right side. There you have P676 adjustment pot for vertical auto-lock.
While video is active, make small adjustments with a screwdriver, till the image is stable. Those trim pots can loose impedance over time.

The problem has been solved, perfect!

Thanks!
Hulio

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome.
Well done, enjoy your Cine 7.
bluemoonhu

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:39 pm    Post subject: Barco C7 image jitter Reply with quote

Hulio wrote:
You are welcome.
Well done, enjoy your Cine 7.

Thank you very much!
bluemoonhu

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday, when I was watching this C7 normally, a new condition appeared again. Prior to this, the machine had been running normally for several days. However, after about ten minutes of watching yesterday, the images began to deform, converge in disorder, geometric deformed and cannot be adjusted. I turned off and then turned on again, and the condition remained the same. The deflection board problem has been eliminated. I doubt which Potentiometer needs to be adjusted or the GBR board problem? Please guide, thank you!
bluemoonhu

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:54 am    Post subject: Barco C7 image jitter Reply with quote

pic1

QQ图片20230614105108.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  57.25 KB
 Viewed:  4301 Time(s)

QQ图片20230614105108.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: