Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

CHROMAPURE GRAYSCALE & COLOR CALIBRATION FOR DUMMIES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
NocnyJastrzab wrote:
If I understand correctly, can I also use these patterns stored on a pendrive?
https://www.diversifiedvideosolutions.com/products.html

Their manual indicates the available workflow in Chroma Pure.
Can the flash drive be plugged directly into the TV then?

https://diversifiedvideosolutions.com/ is what many will use when they need HDR test patterns. They do have the patterns you need for ChromaPure but not sure what other patterns they have or how their product works exactly / how they can be stored. I believe they offers files or a disc but don't quote me on that (best to ask them directly). In either case the patterns have to be advanced manually which is what most people do.

Whether the flash drive can be plugged into your TV to have them displayed is not something we can answer for you as it depends on how the diversifiedvideosolutions.com product works, depends on your TV.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
NocnyJastrzab

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 17, 2023 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The above doubts are already clarified and I went to practice, where another strange and disturbing situation happened to me. As part of the training, I visited a friend who has a several-year-old LG OLED55C8PLA TV. I measured for SDR in Technicolor expert mode. In the Before/After report I had quite good results, but when I turned on the TV material, the picture was terribly patchy, as if with a strong posterization. I suspect that some settings were redundant or accidentally entered by feel to achieve the best results in the entire range. Has anyone on the forum had a similar experience?
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 17, 2023 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NocnyJastrzab wrote:
The above doubts are already clarified and I went to practice, where another strange and disturbing situation happened to me. As part of the training, I visited a friend who has a several-year-old LG OLED55C8PLA TV. I measured for SDR in Technicolor expert mode. In the Before/After report I had quite good results, but when I turned on the TV material, the picture was terribly patchy, as if with a strong posterization. I suspect that some settings were redundant or accidentally entered by feel to achieve the best results in the entire range. Has anyone on the forum had a similar experience?

Hi! You best bet if you have questions on the results obtained is to send that report to support@ChromaPure.com and they will be able to review and let you know. They do not actively monitor this thread. Cheers!

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Ron W

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 21, 2023 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NocnyJastrzab wrote:

If I am interpreting correctly what you are trying, in the case of DVS the patterns on disc and those downloadable on to a hard drive are strictly HDR, HLG and Dolby vision, all of which have a white point at a considerably higher level than normal SDR hence, they cannot be used for that application. Even though I only own the DVS HDR, I know the downloadable hard drive patterns usually are plugged directly into one of the USB inputs in the monitor using its media player to manually advance the patterns. If calibrating SDR is your goal and you have the Chroma Pure software, it would be best to reset the monitor to the default settings, make sure black levels are correct, then hook up your computer via HDMI to the monitor using the pattern generator within the software itself.
TomHuffman

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NocnyJastrzab wrote:
This sort of result is usually the result of defective calibration controls on the TV. I recall getting this back in the day with Toshiba displays. Even the then highly-thought-of Pioneer plasma had a broken CMS control that did more harm than good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: