Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Sitting on a purchase is a bad idea sometimes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Sitting on a purchase is a bad idea sometimes. Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
So, a couple of weekends ago I walked into Costco and discovered that the 6-7 units of a particular 50" plasma I've been eye-ing were all gone. I inquired and was fed bull. I didn't realize I had been fed bull until yesterday when I asked about inventory at another location. So, the $1299 50" Maxent plasma I had an eye on is now gone from all the Costco's around me.

This is a real pita, because the Costco price was $200 below Best Buy's SALE price, and $400 below their current price. In its place, yesterday, sat a revised 50" Vizio for $1399, but the problem with the Vizio was that the PQ was lower than the Maxent--and I like Vizio as a company.

Ok, not to be outdone by this bit of misfortune is the fact that Costco's return policy, which before was whenever you decide you do not like it, return it, had been changed to 90-days. Crying or Very sad Oh well, I guess they learned their lesson. It wasn't uncommon to see one or two returned units at the store nearest to me on any given day.

All of you rat bastards abuse the sh!t out of that return policy and Coscto has reacted. Well, its not like this matters anymore since the product I was eyeballing was gone forever. And probably the worse part about yesterday, being that it was my BIRTHDAY, was the wife was going to buy me a plasma. Mad

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if I had a disposable $1300. right now the last thing I would blow it on is a Stupid TV. Rolling Eyes There, do you feel better now. Laughing
View user's photo album (2 photos)
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Maxent one of those generic brands that are pure crap and you can't get service for them?

Stop promoting crap brands and stop shopping based on price alone.

Pay a few more bucks and at least support products that have some semblace of quality control and have a chance of lasting a day beyond the warranty period.
jask

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel better now??? Very Happy

And as far as Costcos return policy..90 days from a retailer is still WAY more than fair!! the problem is we as a society keep buying substandard disposible CRAP with little or no manufacturers support.....because it was on sale, Do yourself a favour-SPEND MORE- tell the retailers you want quality and will pay.

damn ..I am starting to sound like my Dad
View user's photo album (4 photos)
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My next mailout will make an interesting read. Will start typing it out this AM...
Bighitter

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to finally hear someone else say this....

I am in the C/E business and always have people wanting the cheapest TV then they are shocked by the hours it takes to successfully integrate it into their home automation system.
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Maxent one of those generic brands that are pure crap and you can't get service for them?

Stop promoting crap brands and stop shopping based on price alone.

Pay a few more bucks and at least support products that have some semblace of quality control and have a chance of lasting a day beyond the warranty period.

I wasn't shopping on price alone. When it was $1499 it still had a good picture what what it was. It only added to its thing when they dropped the price.

BTW, how many of you can claim to not haven spent money on crap? I suppose none of you have eaten at a fast-food place, huh? Smile

CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but I don't spend $1500 on 7-11 burgers. All at once.

Over a year period, maybe.
Maurizio Prandi

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
Yeah, but I don't spend $1500 on 7-11 burgers. All at once.

Over a year period, maybe.
Shocked Shocked Shocked

In my town and in THAT case we usually say that it is better to buy you a suit rather than buying you lunch! Wink

"A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally." O. Wilde
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I went out today and bought a Samsung HP-S5053, but then remembered the wife took my truck today. During the time I had a chance to reflect on my irresponsible ways and have thus decided to return the product I haven't even picked up yet. Doh!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: