Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Sony 1272q not displaying green color

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goutamshaw

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:18 pm    Post subject: Sony 1272q not displaying green color Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi
My Sony 1272q is not displaying green color. The white is replaced by purple. I initially thought that my Moome IFB HDMI card is shot. I talked to Moome about it and even bought the newer model (IFB 3D) card from them. But the problem persists. It seems there is something wrong with the green color decoding. The green CRT seems to be fine since it displays the projector messages in green as expected. Does this mean that any internal card or a component on it is not working. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

The status message shows the following as can be seen in the attached file
Clamp auto
fh 33.7 KHz
fv 60.0 Hz
H_C Sync POS
V Sync POS
Sync on Green ———
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try running an analog signal into the G input of the RGB connector, and see if green is displayed. Also, try a different HDMI cable.
goutamshaw

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Curt. I did try a different cable and also connected my old line doubler to the component input, unfortunately the same result. I thought that the fh would be 67.4 kHz and sync on green would be detected as well. The problem when it started a couple of years ago used to be intermittent but since last year it seems it has lost the green signal permanently. This indicates to me that something on one of the projector internal cards has gone bad over time. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, likely the video driver board that sit under the metal cover right behind the CRT sockets. Also check the connectors on those boards. I seem to remember that there's a ribbon cable going to one of them, whose connector can go intermittent. Reseat that, and see if it comes back to life.
goutamshaw

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, will do. I have been suspecting a loose connection or a bad component on one of the cards.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've owned 4 of these projectors. I took one on vacation in 2006 in the back of a pick up truck through the rough roads of Main, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland.

They are a tough projector but I do remember mine arcing when I finally got there. I turned it off and unplugged it, took off the covers, and reseated the connectors.
Including the high voltage lines.
**When handling any of the connectors, put one hand in your pocket. Don't give the voltage a chance to cross your chest.**

Once the projector is unplugged give it 15 to 20 minutes for the power to discharge, also hit the on button a couple times.
Be aware some of the capacitors can still hold a charge. Safety, safety.

I did get that projector back going. Fun vacation.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
goutamshaw

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Didn’t have time this week. Plan to open it today and hopefully get the green back working. Thanks for the safety reminder. I am cognizant of the high voltage hence wear insulating gloves and use insulated tools and try to avoid touching any component with bare hands.

Will let you know the outcome .
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The area you're working in is distance from the HV. Just avoid the red HV leads going from the HV splitter to the tubes, and the focus leads. The video board has about 180 volts on it if powered up, which dissipates quickly when you power down.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been hit with that 180 volts. Makes you dance.

I was powered by AMPRO for the rest of the day after that. Laughing

I never used gloves though.

CRT.

HD done right!
garyfritz

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell I recently swapped out about 75-100 outlets and switches, on live circuits. Got bit a few times but it just startles you and makes you jump. I AM fairly careful about not creating a connection across my chest…
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Curt, was it you who was telling us about the poor shop kitty that had an arc jump from the flyback to the ti[p of his tail?

CRT.

HD done right!
El Duderino

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the misfortune of crossing 220 line AC decades ago. Left hand to right hand. I'm lucky it wasn't fatal. It put me on my ass like an uppercut from Mike Tyson and left me seeing zigzag stars for a few hours. It also made my upper lip go numb and that effect lasted for many weeks. Sitting on one hand is good advice, but its hard not to get comfortable and complacent if you're around it enough.
goutamshaw

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately No luck so far. Opened the projector and tried pushing/reseating every connector that I could access. Nothing seems burnt. Any local expert in Ottawa to help debug? Hate to throw this out since I am sure it is some loose connector somewhere that I cannot access yet.
Thanks for the help.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goutamshaw wrote:
Unfortunately No luck so far. Opened the projector and tried pushing/reseating every connector that I could access. Nothing seems burnt. Any local expert in Ottawa to help debug? Hate to throw this out since I am sure it is some loose connector somewhere that I cannot access yet.
Thanks for the help.

you could try switching the red or blue neck card to the green to make sure it's not the tube.

CRT.

HD done right!
goutamshaw

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I am not sure if I can locate the cards. However I believe the tube is good since I can see the system messages perfectly that use green and white colors. If the tube were bad I would not see anything in green or white right?
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just re-read your first post. Try hitting the green mute button. Maybe the tube is just video muted

CRT.

HD done right!
goutamshaw

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry no luck yet. Will try to access the connectors on the CFA cards inside the shield and reseating them and see if that helps.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's as simple as a bad video cable to the neck card? Loose/broken video cable = no signal??

CRT.

HD done right!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: