Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

FOUND SOME MODULE EXTENDER CARDS THAT I'LL SELL FOR CHEAP!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:02 am    Post subject: FOUND SOME MODULE EXTENDER CARDS THAT I'LL SELL FOR CHEAP! Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
In clearing out the last of my CRT related parts, I have a box of about 10 or so module extender cards, including some sealed in the bag!

I believe the sealed extenders are for Sony (they are in Sony bags), and are either for D50, G70 or G90 projectors. There's also a couple of extender boards good for Marquee or Barcos. I used the Barco/Marquee extender boards extensively for fixing virtually every board in those sets.

Take the entire box INCLUDING shipping for $100 USD within the CONUS or Canada. Will ship overseas, but it will be $50-70USD more, depending on where I am shipping to. Take what you need, and resell the rest!
dhonk

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested! (Located in NC)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Curt, if NC doens't take these I will. Also do you still have the ACON from the NEC XG?

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
dhonk

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m only after the Marquee and Barco boards so if you need Sony I can ship them onto someone else!
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only need the SONY boards. Never ended up with any Marquee or Barco stuff

CRT.

HD done right!
dhonk

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good, can definitely work something out. Either way haven't heard from Curt yet. Smile (Holiday time obviously so not in a rush. Thumbs Up )
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PMs returned!
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Curt,
you had a chance to pack the SONY extenders up yet?

CRT.

HD done right!
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnalogRocks wrote:
Hi Curt,
you had a chance to pack the SONY extenders up yet?

Yes, finally! back in town after that 26 pallet haul down in Texas. Will email in the next couple of days.
Thanks!
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohhh wha'd ya get in Texas beside a good steak?

CRT.

HD done right!
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the barn find article here:

Smile

https://reeltoreeltech.com/

I'll add to that tomorrow or Monday. Lots more not originally discussed as per the seller's list.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having minor Déjà vu on the 5 ton truck and packing materials. LOL

Nice score. Now, where is that imported Italian piece on your front page? It's black, all dusty and I'll give you $1000 bucks for it. I'll rebuild the carbs when I get it home Wink

CRT.

HD done right!
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back from Texas. It took 4 people 4 days to pack everything up. 26 pallets total, a couple stacked 6' high. There was approximately double of what was on the main list sent to me originally. I'll be in my shop/cave for at least a year running through everything.
The RTR website article will be updated later this week, with the additional list, and a ton more pictures.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! How much of a logistical nightmare was it to get 26 pallets from Texas to BC and across the border? That can't have been cheap to move either. Great that there's that much interest in reel to reel!

Speaking of which I recently watched this 2016 documentary on the audio cassette: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4236310/
Not a great documentary for most people but it was kinda interesting in a nostalgic way for anyone into retro audio stuff. It's available on Amazon Prime, and on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmClZ7SMfBo

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
garyfritz

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a haul. Congrats Curt! Have fun sorting through your treasure!

EDIT: Holy sh*t, I just read your writeup of the Barn Find. That's just amazing. The guy must have been incredibly wealthy to afford all those toys, and to let them just sit around gathering dust for decades. Did he own the planes too??

I got a chuckle out of the equipment list, specifically because of one brand. When I was a kid, our local TV Weatherman was named Conrad Johnson. Laughing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au11EamZ8uo
jask

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Curt!! that is an awesome story and reading that list stopped me in my tracks about 8 times Smile those Studer CD players.. McIntosh gear scattered about... ( a 7270!!? ) .. KHorns... enough Crown gear to keep you busy until retirment... a few Turntables I wouldn't mind... that Nitty gritty mini Pro is a sweet sweet record cleaner!! and tucked in there is a Marantz 2285B !!!

I would have told you to drag that one amp. home and hook it up to a good set of speakers... ( maybe the Khorns???) and you never would have let it go Smile still one of my favorite amps of all time. I am going to be down in March, if you have dug your way through the packing material I will take you out for a burger... I am guessing that you and David Sr. probably had a few stories to share, and I want to hear a few Wink
View user's photo album (4 photos)
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most of the audio stuff went to www.vintageaudio.ca. I stopped by there yesterday, and all unboxed and stacked up, it's damn impressive. To my surprise, the two top of the line Studer A820s sold instantly for stupid money, although I still need to recap them. I actually had a bidding war, although I don't play that game, and sold them to the first two guys that were legit and sent me a deposit.
It broke the heart of one local guy that I've done business with for a long time. He's an audiophile, but like to haggle. He offered 3/4 of what I was asking, and I said no, I couldn't do that. An hour later, I had a buyer that sent a deposit. The next morning, the first buyer texts me, saying he'll pay full price, and I had to tell him it sold an hour after he turned he down. He was almost in tears, as Studer A820s never come up for sale, never mind 2 of them.
Then the g/f was giving me S, telling me I should have started at a higher asking price. Wink

But yep, if you're in town, stop by for sure. Go to Innovative Audio as well, and ask to see the rest of it. I do have some Crown stuff here, but most went to Innovative. Heck, you can help me unpack! Very Happy
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, for all others, I've got a few Marquee module extender boards left that will allow you to test all boards (outside of the HV and LV supplies) up and out of the set.

$150 USD incl shipping anywhere in the US.

Everything else is now gone, save for a couple of boxes of 909 parts and one set of tubes, that I will post about in a different thread that I completely forgot I had.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: