Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Fully working Sony VPH-G70 in Seattle area up for grabs

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc B.

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:07 am    Post subject: Fully working Sony VPH-G70 in Seattle area up for grabs Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Posting here before I take it to CL -

I have a nice running G70 I bought from Curt 6 or 7 years ago. It has a Moome card and the factory ceiling mount. Also comes with a spare green CRT I would rate at about 30% left, and a spare DC card that is bad. I found a good DC card and a low hours green CRT and put those in a couple years ago (thus absolving Curt of any responsibility for the condition of this unit). All three CRTs in the projector are in quite decent shape. Lenses are stock, in nice shape. The fans have been replaced over the years with some that are a little bit more quiet. Have a print service manual and some crap lens covers that don't really fit but could be taped on for transport. Part of the projector case has been sprayed with black Plasti Dip to cut down light scatter in my blacked out theater.

I ran the G70 in a small (11 x 14 x 8) blacked out room with a roughly 95" Silver Ticket screen. Used a couple nights each week for maybe an hour, plus MotoGP races, plus the occasional movie. I used an Oppo BDP-103D to feed it and the Darbee chip in it did some nice things for the CRT image. The Oppo is not for sale.

This G70 and all the spare G70 stuff is free. I will not putz around with pulling CRTs and boards and packing them to ship. PM me and arrange a time for you and your burly friend to come pick up this 175lb hunk of coolness. It can be picked up at my office in Poulsbo. I'll look for responses tomorrow and if I don't see anything I'll put it up on Craigslist.

bottlehead.com
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dan, long time no see! I still remember delivering that beast and hearing pure magic coming from your Nagra and tube amps! Smile
Doc B.

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Curt! That was indeed a fun visit. We got many, many great hours of viewing out of that G70. Are you still doing tape deck restoration? If so I will try to send some folks your way. I'm not doing a lot of tape stuff these days, but I get asked for tape deck service resources all the time.
bottlehead.com
Doc B.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's up on CL as of today, with a couple of pics -

https://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/ele/d/poulsbo-sony-vph-g-p-home-theater/7203383705.html

bottlehead.com
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dan, yes, www.reeltoreeltech.com is in full swing.

I'm expecting a ton of custom built NAB adapters and blue 10" metal reels within the next couple of weeks. I'll update the site as soon as they show up!
HaydnG90

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc B. wrote:
It's up on CL as of today, with a couple of pics -

https://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/ele/d/poulsbo-sony-vph-g-p-home-theater/7203383705.html

You probably want to state its free in the CL listing. If no interest I'll take the Moome and pay shipping plus a little extra for your time.
Doc B.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The G70 has gone to a new home. The young guy who picked it up was very enthused. It was gratifying to not pull apart a perfectly good example of one of these just for the Moome card or a CRT. That would have left a lot of junk for the landfill.

Hey Curt, when you get your new adapters and reels shoot me a pic to post on my site.

bottlehead.com
aperturegrillz

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, sorry to bump this dead thread... I was doing some searching and I'm 100% sure I bought this exact projector from someone in Bremerton in late March 2021. It came with the ceiling mount, the spare green tube, the spare DC card, the plasti-dipped cover... Definitely the same one. I think I paid $300... Did I buy it from the guy who got it from Doc B. here?

In any case, I bought it because I thought I would be in a situation where I could set it up but that proved not to be the case. I'm preparing to move out of the country, and would very much like to offload this projector on to someone in the Seattle area who could make some use of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: