Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Best way to clean c element without damage

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
virusc

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:12 pm    Post subject: Best way to clean c element without damage Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Guys I picked up the Runco DTV1100 from Tim in CT that was listed here. Thanks Tim nice meeting you BTW. Unfortunately he stored it with the lenses removed so a lot of dust is on the c elements. What is the best way to clean these without damage? I have lense cleaner cloth but do I just use water or can I use something to enhance the cleaning effect? Maybe I will post a pic later.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best not to rub or use any cleaners/liquids if you can. I've always done the same as what I've done with camera lens/sensors:

Use a blower first, like this: https://amzn.to/3AnVN08
Then a brush, like this: https://amzn.to/3QYDx4K
If you must use something with more cleaning power (if there's a haze/film), I use wipes made for lenses like this: https://amzn.to/3wyZaQL

The c-element you're cleaning (and possibly the lens end(s)) are nowhere near the focal point so don't worry about small specs of dust that stay behind. You won't see them.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's photo album (18 photos)
virusc

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kal. I will have to use something as it looks like it was exposed for 10 years and will probably not just blow off.
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys

I use household ammonia, soak the lens in 100% ammonia for twenty minutes and rub the affected areas with microfiber cloths or your fingertips. Rinse with distilled water and air dry.
virusc

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the items Kal said too. I think the c elements and the HD-10 lenses are in OK shape but after cleaning I noticed some spots that look like some sort of coating is missing. Is their a antiglare coating on the c-elements and first lense on the HD-10s?

See pic of before. And I have wear on green 4:3ish and OK size usage. A little text burn of the input selection unfortunately might make this unusable. Blue has a little text burn too but I can barely see it. This does not have LUG tubes. Are new tubes still available for this and how much are they?

IMG_5789 (1).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  157.57 KB
 Viewed:  1618 Time(s)

IMG_5789 (1).jpg

kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea if those lenses / c-elements have an anti-reflective coating but I doubt it would be removed from simple cleaning? Some talk about this from searching this website that you may want to research:

https://www.google.com/search?q=anti-reflection+coating+site%3Acurtpalme.com&ei=-zoRY6-ILZGYptQP4q2HkAU&ved=0ahUKEwjv8Y7S2vT5AhURjIkEHeLWAVIQ4dUDCA4&uact=5&oq=anti-reflection+coating+site%3Acurtpalme.com&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAM6CAgAEKIEELADSgQIQRgBSgQIRhgAUM4FWM4FYO0GaAFwAHgAgAFRiAFRkgEBMZgBAKABAcgBAcABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: