Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Marquee 9500 resetting, "complete initialization"

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rotoscoped

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 22, 2022 12:42 am    Post subject: Marquee 9500 resetting, "complete initialization" Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi all,

I turned on my 9500LC after a few months of not using it and got this message on startup: "performed complete initialization" -- and all my source and channel memory settings had been erased. I set up the source again from scratch, but when I turned on the projector the next day, it gave me the "performed complete initialization" message again, and everything had been reset.

This has happened each time I've since turned on the projector.

I found a 2015 thread (last two posts) that cites the same behavior from an 8500LC. But the 2015 thread ends without any solution to the problem.

I read a Marquee Technical Bulletin that cites this behavior as a software "bug" in v1.18 that's corrected in v1.19. I have v3.4, I believe.

I'll also note that, like the 2015 poster, I am having difficulty initially starting the projector. When I plug it in, and then press power from the remote, nothing happens. I have to unplug, replug, and press power again for it to start. Could this be connected?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 22, 2022 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your battery is toast on the CLM board. It's a 3 volt one, now discontinued, but a similar cell can be mounted onto the PC board in its place.
rotoscoped

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 22, 2022 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing that up so quickly, Curt. I pulled the board partially out and the battery matches the one pictured here -- square, orange, Renata 175-0. In a battery discussion thread, the concept of using a CR-2032 coin battery in a holder comes up. I haven't got any experience replacing PCB batteries, so I'd welcome any specific recommendations or instructions from anyone.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 22, 2022 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unsolder, solder the new one in. Get the polarity correct, or you may nuke a chip. Tim Martin may be able to assist if you can't do it.
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup

CR2032s can be had with solder tabs. Mount to a chunk of photo board and a few inches of small wire onto the board. I saw some 175s on website for $20+. Kind of greedy.......
rotoscoped

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for your help, Curt and Tim.

I managed to get this fix done a couple weeks ago – very pleased to be able to save settings again!

Here's a few pictures of the CLM and the new battery. I tried to use supplies I had on hand – conductive tape to secure wires to the battery, and a lot of heat shrink and electrical tape to wrap everything up.

tschaeikaei

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, haven't been active here in a while. Saw your pn, and you know what? Two hours after reading the pn, my test-projector started behaving like you described. Swapped the Renata-cell with a cr2032- holder desoldered from an old PC motherboard and thats it. I would recommend you to get a cell holder as well. Just taping the cell to a wire could possibly develop bad contact over time. And to redo a complete setup isn't fun at all if not needed.
Be aware of first adding the second cell in parallel to the existing one before disconnecting it. Otherwise all data will be lost.
Best regards, Julian

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: