Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

The Expanse , new syfy series
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Movie & Media Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Anyone catching S2?

As usual i'm stuck with no access. If I had the new Apple TV I could buy syfy ala-carte as an App (god i hate that word), but my old apple doesn't show it.

Or wait a year for the DVD's . Dammit
View user's photo album (2 photos)
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished the entire season 2 in one day. Talk about becoming addictive over science fiction, but there you have it. They need to double the number of episodes in a season. What good is binge watching if that binge is only one day? I'm actually watching season 2 for a second time right now. The opening theme track reminds me of Rush for some reason.

https://soundcloud.com/masterofinstrumental/clinton-shorter-the-expanse-opening-theme

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya Wan! Really enjoy the series. Have you watched any of the series Colony? Another addictive sci-fi..

Ed:sp
View user's photo album (4 photos)
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hadn't heard of it.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WanMan wrote:
Just finished the entire season 2 in one day. Talk about becoming addictive over science fiction, but there you have it. They need to double the number of episodes in a season. What good is binge watching if that binge is only one day? I'm actually watching season 2 for a second time right now. The opening theme track reminds me of Rush for some reason.

https://soundcloud.com/masterofinstrumental/clinton-shorter-the-expanse-opening-theme

bummer, looks like we lost WanMan too. last post = last summer

Season 3 and 4 were both excellent. Not a huge Amazon fan but i have to admit i am grateful to them for keeping this very expensive show going by buying it from Scyfy Network and making a Season 4 and planning for S5.
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

huge bummer, this 6th season wasn't even 7 shows, ended at 6 episodes Sad There is hope, maybe the fans will try and pressure the studio

https://www.newsweek.com/expanse-cancelled-season-6-1669021
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was Jeff Bezos that brought it back. I have to catch up on the last 3 episodes.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
jask

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

draganm wrote:
huge bummer, this 6th season wasn't even 7 shows, ended at 6 episodes Sad There is hope, maybe the fans will try and pressure the studio

I feel ya, Drags! you can always look for the books if you are wanting more Thumbs Up
View user's photo album (4 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jask wrote:
draganm wrote:

I feel ya, Drags! you can always look for the books if you are wanting more Thumbs Up

Wait...What are these "Booookeks" you speak of?

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnalogRocks wrote:
It was Jeff Bezos that brought it back. I have to catch up on the last 3 episodes.
tell him to drop that Wheel of Time crap and put the money into more Expanse

jask wrote:
draganm wrote:

I need to read books 6 and 7 , which they talk about when they discuss extending the show.

My understanding is the books jump way forward, to the point where the original crew is old and geriatric, like all of us on this forum Laughing

Still I just liked the show, good characters played by good actors, filmed very well with gritty yet high tech looking sets, awesome action sequences, really one of the best sci-fi ever, probably no.1

Also, they stayed very true to the books , which other shows/movies notoriously screwed up as the shows progressed - LOTR, Game of thrones, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Movie & Media Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: