Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Curved screens!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Screens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digitalayon

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:04 pm    Post subject: Curved screens! Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
OK here is good one to ask....

If I go with a curved screen that is acoustically transparent, would it curve enough on the edges for the screen to allow the speakers to clear the 10 inches out on the sides? I do not have much room and the screen in the center has to almost hug the wall behind it. I would like to extend out the 15 inches left on the wall on both sides with a cinescope ratio. Thoughts?
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I follow.

You mean do the extreme left and right sides of the screen come out far enough from the wall such that you can put speakers behind it at the ends that are not any farther back than the farthest back point of the screen (which would be the center)?

I would imagine also that there are no standards to how curved screens are (different manufacturers may do this slightly differently). Then the screen width would also come into play here. So different manufacturers may have different clearance for identical width screens, and if the width varies the clearance would also change.

It would also depend on where exactly you want to place your speakers, and how wide your speakers are.

So I doubt there's a yes/no answer available for you. More information is required.

Can you draw a pic?

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Screens All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: