Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

IFB-FULLHD v3: Sony HDMI 1.4 Input Card
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JayAllan

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
cmjohnson wrote:
Has Moome announced any plans to create an HDMI 2.0 card that can output resolutions beyond 1080p?

I realize that 4K is beyond the capacity of any stock projector other than the Cine 9. But the Cine 9 uses LUG tubes,
which can be fitted into any other 9" machine, and while true 4K may be too much to ask, resolutions below 4K but above 1080p are certainly a possibility for the best machines.

Maybe...3K?

I was wondering the same thing for my G90! I want to take advantage of some extra image quality and the improved Audio found on a lot of the 4k UHD disks
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found something interesting, I simply hadn't noticed it before.

The HDMI 1.3 specification includes support for resolution modes up to 2560x1600.

I checked the Moome manual for this card and it does not indicate support for that or other higher resolutions.

Can they be selected, though? Are they locked out or simply not recommended due to bandwidth limitations?

I am wondering if a 4K player, connected via HDMI, will allow resolutions of up to the max 2560x1600 to be selected and
work with the version 1.3 input card.

I have no way to check this with anything I currently own.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

Moome has received another batch of Sony IFB-FULLHD v3 cards and these start shipping June 5, 2017!
As always supply is limited, so order yours today: http://www.curtpalme.com/IFB-FULLHD.shtm

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sony IFB-FullHD card is now out of sold out / out of stock. Moome is unsure if there will be another batch given the current market.

Kal

jaredjaric

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:13 pm    Post subject: new hdmi card for barco Reply with quote

kal wrote:
The Sony IFB-FullHD card is now out of sold out / out of stock. Moome is unsure if there will be another batch given the current market.

Kal

Hi KAl,

the barco card is out of stock for now, is there going to be new developments for us barco fans ?
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like a new improved card? I would say the chances are basically zero as the market is dead. There's close to zero market for either HDMI card (or any card or addon for CRT projectors for that matter). But if enough people ask Moome, he may reconsider and make another batch of the same (existing) cards. The batch has to be large enough to make it worthwhile selling. I believe that's at least 20 but don't quote me on that. Moome's the boss. Wink

Kal

jaredjaric

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
Like a new improved card? I would say the chances are basically zero as the market is dead. There's close to zero market for either HDMI card (or any card or addon for CRT projectors for that matter). But if enough people ask Moome, he may reconsider and make another batch of the same (existing) cards. The batch has to be large enough to make it worthwhile selling. I believe that's at least 20 but don't quote me on that. Moome's the boss. Wink

Kal

i am pre ordering two. we have met six years ago in Taipei.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're interested in having him make more cards I suggest you email Moome directly at moome@curtpalme.com. Would be best that you also ask Barco HDMI card questions in the Barco HDMI card thread, not in the Sony HDMI card thread. Wink

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

Moome's decided to make another small batch of IFB-FULLHD v3 HDMI cards for Sony CRT projectors at a special pre-order discounted price. Supply will be extremely limited, with the cards expected to ship August 2021 (delayed due to COVID-19 semiconductor shortages).

These cards allow you to connect digital HDMI devices such as Blu-Ray players, Playstation/Xbox gaming consoles, AppleTV, and satellite/cable HDTV set-top boxes to your Sony CRT projector.

Simply plug the card into your projector and connect with an HDMI cable. All cards offer IR remote control and advanced features such as gamma correction for perfect shadow detail.

Special pre-order pricing ends once the cards start shipping, or when all orders are accounted for (whichever comes first).

To lock in your order, see our order page: http://www.curtpalme.com/IFB-FULLHD.shtm

Cheers!

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pre-order has now ended and the new batch of Sony IFB-FULLHD V3 HDMI cards is shipping.

To order yours see: http://www.curtpalme.com/IFB-FULLHD.shtm

Supply is extremely limited with most of the cards accounted for in the pre-order.

Cheers!

Kal

that1crzywhtguy

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these long sold out? The link still seems live.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are not sold out. You can order one here: http://www.curtpalme.com/IFB-FULLHD.shtm

Kal

that1crzywhtguy

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
They are not sold out. You can order one here: http://www.curtpalme.com/IFB-FULLHD.shtm

Kal

Rad, thanks!

Can I ask a question that may be dumb? Other than convenience, is there a benefit of running one of these cards over just sending 1080p to a G90 over BNC (RGBs or RGBHV)? I have a DVDO VP50.I'm using currently to adjust timings and such.

-Sterling
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that1crzywhtguy wrote:
Can I ask a question that may be dumb? Other than convenience, is there a benefit of running one of these cards over just sending 1080p to a G90 over BNC (RGBs or RGBHV)? I have a DVDO VP50.I'm using currently to adjust timings and such.

Keeping the signal 100% digital as long as possible gives you a better image quality. Sources these days also no longer offer analog outputs due to the sunsetting of such features (Your VP50 does however but it's not new).

THe IFB-FULLHD was also tuned specifically for the sony line of CRT projectors so it may do better at some features than the VP50 (gamma boost possibly). Not sure. I've never compared the two.

Kal

that1crzywhtguy

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
that1crzywhtguy wrote:

Keeping the signal 100% digital as long as possible gives you a better image quality. Sources these days also no longer offer analog outputs due to the sunsetting of such features (Your VP50 does however but it's not new).

THe IFB-FULLHD was also tuned specifically for the sony line of CRT projectors so it may do better at some features than the VP50 (gamma boost possibly). Not sure. I've never compared the two.

Kal

Thanks so much for the thorough answer! I'll definitely think it over. I would like the VP50 to stay in the chain since I can use it to manipulate my signal wrt framerate and such, so maybe in my case the moome card is superfluous?

I'd kinda like one anyway, but the cost is a bit prohibitive if it doesn't have a clear benefit to my use case.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that1crzywhtguy wrote:
I would like the VP50 to stay in the chain since I can use it to manipulate my signal wrt framerate and such, so maybe in my case the moome card is superfluous?

Using the HDMI card would ensure the signal stays digital as long as possible which ensures the best image quality. You could argue too that the DACs in the Moome card are probably higher quality than those found in the VP50. I would expect them to be but I know next to nothing about the VP50 so I can't confirm.

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Page 24 of 24
Jump to: