Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

WTB: 9500lc marquee parts (Tubes)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
parguin

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 02, 2021 5:12 pm    Post subject: WTB: 9500lc marquee parts (Tubes) Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Looking for a composite/ s-video/ component input carts. Would like to know what is out there for 9" tubes as well for a 9500lc ultra. Going to just leave this hoping in 18 months someone will be unloading some minty tubes! I'm in Ontario, Canada.

Last edited by parguin on Sun May 16, 2021 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
nidi

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 13, 2021 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB: Electrohome marquee parts (input boards) Reply with quote

parguin wrote:
Looking for a composite/ s-video/ component input carts. Would like to know what is out there for 9" tubes as well for a 9500lc ultra. I'm in Ontario, Canada.

What are you trying to do with this?

are you aware that with such a board you will not get the full performance of a 9" projector.

Composite and S-Video will only be 15 kHz, the black lines will be bigger than the active lines.

you do know that there is a HDMI input board available?
parguin

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 13, 2021 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking to plug in my old gaming consoles, I have a computer hooked up for high res video.
nidi

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 13, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

parguin wrote:
Looking to plug in my old gaming consoles, I have a computer hooked up for high res video.

more info here for retrogaming

http://retrogaming.hazard-city.de/
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 13, 2021 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

For Marquee you want a Decoder Board; I might have a few of those here. Two S and two composite ins. Electrohome never had a component in board; the early Moome board did, I might have one here.

Tim at E-Tech Scottsdale
nidi

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 13, 2021 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

parguin wrote:

I highly recommend studying everything before you go for boards that at worst only can do 15 kHz on a projector that can

handle up to 4 times more.

the scanlines will be huge.
parguin

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 13, 2021 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nidi wrote:
parguin wrote:

I highly recommend studying everything before you go for boards that at worst only can do 15 kHz on a projector that can

handle up to 4 times more.

the scanlines will be huge.

I know, that's why I find the remaster of Miami Vice so awesome on it, the picture is mint! But the fact that this projector can handle 15khz signals natively so well is a huge feature! Try to plug an n64 into a modern tv or projector and it becomes a laggy, upscaled artifacty mess. Plug it into a marquee and you have the greatest retro experience available in my opinion.

I've been doing it with rgb cables from my super nintendo and sega genesis and the results are gangbusters!
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 14, 2021 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

parguin wrote:
But the fact that this projector can handle 15khz signals natively so well is a huge feature! Try to plug an n64 into a modern tv or projector and it becomes a laggy, upscaled artifacty mess. Plug it into a marquee and you have the greatest retro experience available in my opinion.

FYI that pretty much any CRT projector can handle 480i (15Khz) natively, or any other resolution too (within reason). Not just Marquees. CRT Projectors by their very nature do not have a 'native' resolution. Good luck!

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 14, 2021 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, the Marquee video/Svideo input boards were awful! If Tim has a component input board, go for that, or get a Lumagen scaler, and scale the 480i signal up to 720p or so. Older Lumagens should be dirt cheap now.
nidi

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 14, 2021 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you will find the perfect processor for your game consoles here:

http://retrogaming.hazard-city.de/
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 18, 2021 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I discovered ONE brand new red from the 150 or so NOS ones that I purchased about 6 years ago. Sealed in the box, I'll open it to make sure it's intact, but it's prealigned with the yokes, etc. Should be good to go. I sold sets of 3 for $1800 USD back then, and sold all complete sets that I had.

Yours for $200 CDN plus taxes and shipping. Should be around $50-55 to ship to Ontario.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: