Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

delete

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crtalex

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:43 pm    Post subject: delete Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
delete

Last edited by Crtalex on Mon May 03, 2021 11:44 am; edited 3 times in total
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-RS56

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any specific recommendations other than to comment that many of your questions are about the specific inner workings of whatever CRT monitor you're trying to adjust, questions that nobody can really answer for you outside of people who have a deep understanding of the circuitry in your CRT monitor, like the engineers who designed the set. I'm referring to your questions like "Is it safe to max out RGB sliders" or "How do I properly/scientifically correctly set up G2 voltage". These are specific to that exact model of monitor, so the odds of someone being answer those questions is pretty low, so don't be surprised if you don't get detailed answers. Good luck!

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-RS56

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should mention too that you should indicate what make and model display you have. The type of tube in the display isnít whatís important. Cheers!

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Crtalex

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

delete

Last edited by Crtalex on Thu May 20, 2021 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
jask

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a service manual? The calibration section is well written and has a list of the equipment needed ; signal generators, a high voltage probe and oscilloscope are needed. Adjusting the G2 without knowing the actual value is gambling at best, and once adjusted you have effectively thrown every other adjustment out for the original calibration... unfortunately this is circuitry that needs to be set based on actual measured values, not really something you can "eyeball" based on screen image. Is there anywhere you might be able to get access to these items? a school electronics lab? makerspace or electronics hobby group in your area?
I am going to guess you are using this for a gaming monitor?
https://hardforum.b-cdn.net/data/attachment-files/2016/12/70387_DIAMOND_PRO_2070SB__NEC_Multisync_FP2141SB.pdf Thumbs Up
View user's photo album (4 photos)
Crtalex

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

delete

Last edited by Crtalex on Thu May 20, 2021 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
jask

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say your best possible results are only possible by being able to see, measure and adjust to best value electronically... you probably may need to adjust the G2 due to age, but as a result you also need to do a bunch of other adjustments... and once those are done you can then use your calibration system to set the monitor up for the application required.
You do not need to be a technician to learn, and what you will learn in the process of solving one problem may yield intangible results for future projects and problem solving. Good oscilloscopes are expensive! an oscilloscope suitable for this project.. or any CRT project is very common and not relatively expensive. where do you live?
View user's photo album (4 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: