Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

FINALLY testing Barco quads and splitters!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:19 pm    Post subject: FINALLY testing Barco quads and splitters! Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
So after far too long, I have a Barco 909 on the bench! I am going to put 24 hours of run time on Barco quads and splitter pairs, so that I know the pair are matched, and work without shutdown. I should be able to test 2-3 pairs a week.

Price for the pair is $175 USD, including air shipping within the US, $225 USD overseas to Europe, and $250 USD to Australia and New Zealand.

I estimate that I have about 25 quads in stock, and about 50 splitters. Hopefully most if not all of the quads and splitters are OK, but again, that's why I'm testing them for 24 hours each before I sell them.

I have about 5 people wanting quads, some have been waiting for months, so I'll email those people first.

Send me an email if you want a backup, as it seems very few Barco quads are available online.

Note that if you are using these in a 909, most of my quads will be the older 762XXX type, with the extra focus lead coming out of them, as used in every set EXCEPT the 909. The 909 quads have been very problematic, and I've found the older quads to be more reliable. I'll supply enough heat shrink to cover the focus lead, as if left uncovered, it will arc to the chassis, causing problems.

I will be running through all of my Barco 909 parts as well, which will be for sale for cheap, and eventually by late December, I should have 2-3 tested 909s for sale.. cheap. I've got a couple of people interested in those as well.

Cheers!

Last edited by Curt Palme on Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dancrt

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please let me know when pricing announced
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 5 Barco 909s in stock. I will be running through them over the next 3-4 weeks (likely over Christmas as i am working through the holidays.)

-HFQ900 lenses
-remote included (may say Runco on it rather than Barco)
-1 or 2 ceiling brackets left in stock
-all will be fully tested, with good used tubes
-some marks/scratches on the case, best to pull them off and paint all the pieces
-broken Barco keypad covers, as almost all Barcos have, but I will include a cover with the sets, Velcroed in place.

$1500 USD for the projector with a remote
$150 USD for a ceiling bracket
$300 USD for red and green colored C elements installed if you want, I've got 2 or 3 of those here.

I'll also be testing all barco 909 boards, and will make an attractive price if someone wants a spare parts kit, with as many or as few boards as you want.
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt let me know if you need any NOS Panasonic tubes. I also have two red celements and one dark green if you run out. I have 2-3 full NOS tube sets.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, but I should have a good used tube stock here. Not sure if anyone will pay to get new tubes put in.

Two sets of Barco quads and splitters now tested. 3 sets have shipped already..
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The testing continues, and I am still filling backorders. Am testing all sorts of quads and splitters, 909, 808, 1208, 1209, 1209s, etc.
Dancrt

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please tell me about spare parts boards when your ready.
I’ve got a new set of tubes from Craig and committed to a spare green
And as your know my barco like to stop like it did to it’s last owner is eating stuff the last boards I’ve swapped from the last set I got from you
For some reason has taken the picture quality to the next level
Just watched the new witches movie with the kids
On Apple TV via vp50pro with old boards I used +15 fine details now it’s at +10 and looks so stunning I can’t
Belive it’s not 4K !! The focus board from you made so much difference think my old one was long bad ...
@curt did you get my email about spare boards ?
Thanks dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: