Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Resetting convergence on a 9500

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bpdski

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:35 pm    Post subject: Resetting convergence on a 9500 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hey, quick question. I've swapped a couple tubes out in my 9500 and need to reset everything and dial it back in. I know part of this is done under the Utilities menu in the service menu. Is there anywhere else I need to reset or clear settings on the 9500 before going through all the convergence settings? I've done all this before and know how to converge everything, but it's been awhile and seems like there is more than one place to clear settings, just can't remember.

Thanks,
Brian
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you reset all under the utilities menu, then everything will be reset, including convergence.
If you only want to reset convergence, then simply hit 0 during convergence setup.

View user's photo album (1 photos)
bpdski

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!
bpdski

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now I'm confused, I reset all the settings and now my input is messed up. It's like it can't sync the signal or something. I don't recall ever seeing this before and I've definitely reset the convergence in the past. Any idea what's causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks

PXL_20210217_020257526.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  126.9 KB
 Viewed:  3523 Time(s)

PXL_20210217_020257526.jpg

gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When selecting input the video signals and sync signals are handled separately on the VIM. The video signals are switched by the big blue relays, the sync signals are switched through electronic switches.
I've encountered once, that this electronic switch (well its driving logic) was not working properly.
Try to toggle switching input back and forth.
You can also check that without input signal does the built in test frequencies (UTIL-1-6) are working or not?

bpdski

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, seems to have fixed it by toggling inputs back and forth, thanks for the tip! I probably should have thought of that myself...

Last edited by bpdski on Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpdski wrote:
Thanks, I'll try that later today. I believe the built-in frequencies work fine, I can pull up menus and change settings fine. I tried two different sources into the Moome card with the same results.

Just to make sure I mean here switching input on the Marquee (SOURCE-0-1 then SSOURCE-0-2)

bpdski

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that's what I did and that fixed it, thank you!
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys

There are actually three (3) Marquee convergence resets. CONV, 1, then 1 is static (full frame), 2 is dynamic (zones only) and 0 is both.

Use UTIL, 1, 3 to lock a memory while experimenting. Unlock to save the results.

What you want to avoid is running the convergence amps harder than necessary. So tube mechanical toe-in, magnetic raster centering by wobbling the focus yokes, correct stig and flare setup, low and high-band width matching, vertical height matching; all of these things are needed for a cooler drift-free Marquee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: