Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

BARCO Reality 909 does not turn ON.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luvkr

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:57 am    Post subject: BARCO Reality 909 does not turn ON. Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi,

I have a BARCO Reality909. It had been working fine until a couple of months ago. I tried to turn it on a week ago, and found that it was not responding to my remote control. First, when 909 receives the command from remote, its STANBY LED on the back of 909 turned to green and a moment later (about 2~3 seconds) came back to red. I tried several times and the results were the same.

Yesterday, I tried to turn it on again, and repeated the above trials, and 909 is not even responding to the remote control at all. Since it is not ON, there is nothing I can do at this moment.

Please let me know if there is anything I can try to figure what is wrong. Any help would be very much appreciated.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a spare SMPS board R763142 board ? Probably, the 9V standby supply is dead.
Check C 450 and C 451 electrolytic capacitors on the SMPS sub-board. If they have a 470uF 25V value, both should be changed with 560uF 35V.
luvkr

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comment.
I didn't know where to start, and now I have a clue to work on. I will follow this up, and will surely post the proceedings.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and Welcome to the forum!!
View user's photo album (4 photos)
luvkr

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI,

I am looking for the schematic and PCB layout of the SMPS board of Reality909 in the forum, but couldn't find them. By any chance, is there anyone who know where I can get them? Thanks.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot me a e-mail at stan.julian1@gmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: