Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

FAQ: X-Rite EyeOne Pro 3 Spectroradiometer with ChromaPure

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> ChromaPure Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: FAQ: X-Rite EyeOne Pro 3 Spectroradiometer with ChromaPure Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
X-Rite EyeOne Pro 3 Spectroradiometer with ChromaPure

Order today at an exclusive CurtPalme.com reduced price! GO »

We've worked out an exclusive deal for our members to bring you this product at a price lower than what everyone else pays anywhere on the internet! Buy direct from our ChromaPure partner at prices lower than buying off their own website! Same product, same support, just more money in your pocket at the end of the day.

Confused about meters? See our FAQ: Which meter is right for me?

The EyeOne Pro and (often simply called i1Pro) are true spectroradiometer (spectrophotometer), and thus offers the most accurate readings for the widest range of displays at an affordable price.

The meter's only drawback is relatively limited low-light sensitivity. The EyeOne Pro alone is therefore not the perfect choice for gamma and contrast measurements that will generally require readings below the meter's effective operating range.

Thus, it is a nearly ideal choice for use together with the Display 3 colorimeter, all of which can work well in very low light settings. Simply create an offset in ChromaPure using the EyeOne Pro as a reference and then use that offset to correct the response of the Display 3.

The combination of the EyeOne Pro together with a colorimeter offers excellent accuracy, speed, and low-light sensitivity and is suitable for professional calibrations.

We offer a special package which includes both the EyeOne Pro 3 and Display 3. You may also use the EyeOne Pro 3 by itself when low-light capabilities are not critical.

The EyeOne Pro 3 is also suited for use with our Greyscale Calibration for Dummies guide as it is also supported by the ColorHCFR software.

Why use a spectroradiometer instead of a less expensive pod colorimeter?

A pod device such as the Spyder2, Spyder3, Eye-One Display 3/2/LT, DTP-94 or Chroma 5 measures light through filters and estimates the color based on a relatively small number of sensors, usually three and sometimes a few more. The EyeOne Pro / EyeOne Pro 2 uses a holographic diffraction grating with a diode array (no filters to degrade) similar to what is found in laboratory grade instruments. The meter samples with 100 sensors instead of three and uses the internationally recognized scientific standard method from CIE to calculate the x and y coordinates from those samples. The end result is increased accuracy that remains accurate over time.

As mentioned previously however, once color corrected by a known reference such as the EyeOne Pro, a less expensive pod colorimeter can remain accurate.

Technical Specifications

Optical Resolution: 10 nm
Sampling Interval: 3.5 nm
Spectral Range: 380 nm-730nm in 10nm increments
Short-term repeatability:* Chromaticity: x,y <+/-0.002

* CRT 5,000k, 80 cd/m2

How does the EyeOne Pro 2 compare to the original?

In 2012 X-Rite released an updated version of the EyeOne Pro called the EyeOne Pro 2 (i1Pro 2). This version replaces the extremely stable revision D version that people have known and used for years. The accuracy of the EyeOne Pro 2 is the same for the original EyeOne Pro. It looks and feels like it is better built, and is heavier. It is better isolated from temperature (partially due to the aluminum outer shell) and it reads higher levels of luminance, but the vast majority of the improvements made are for reflectance readings for those who use it for photography and print work, not for the emissive mode that we use for calibrating displays.

The EyeOne Pro 2 looks and behaves identically as the EyeOne Pro as far as supporting software is concerned. If software supports the EyeOne Pro, then it will also work with the EyeOne Pro 2. No ChromaPure software or driver changes are required.

How does the EyeOne Pro 3 compare to the EyeOne Pro 2?

The i1Pro 3 supports higher levels of luminance (5000 nit luminance limit). It was developed to accommodate the higher light output used by HDR.

From left to right: i1Pro 3, i1Pro 2, original i1Pro

Calibrating Front Projectors

For best accuracy, we recommend calibrating front projectors by taking readings directly off the screen. For a modest fee a universal front projection kit is also available that includes a tripod mount and an opal glass diffuser for those who prefer the higher light levels available from direct lens readings. However, when taking readings in this mode, you should always color correct the results from an offset created by taking readings from the screen without the diffuser.

Calibration DVD

For your convenience we offer a simple calibration DVD that includes all of the test patterns that you'll need to perform a complete calibration of your display. This DVD is offered free as a complementary download.

Click here to download the DVD

Instructions:

1. Download the .zip file to your PC.
2. Unzip the contents, which is an .iso DVD image file, to your hard drive.
3. Double-click the .iso file.
4. If you have DVD burning software (e.g., Nero Burning ROM), the file will open.
Set the image type to DVD (not CD) if necessary.
5. Insert a blank, writable DVD into your DVD burner, and then burn the image.

Reviews/Testimonials

For reviews/testimonials of ChromaPure calibration software & packages, see our ChromaPure order page.

Warranty

All X-Rite meters are backed by a strong one-year warranty. Click here for full X-Rite warranty details.

Questions? Email us at chromapure@curtpalme.com

Order today at an exclusive CurtPalme.com reduced price! GO »

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:47 am; edited 5 times in total
View user's photo album (18 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JULY 3, 2012: Effective immediately, all EyeOne Pro orders will now ship with the new EyeOne Pro 2 (retail boxed version).

How does the new EyeOne Pro 2 compare to the original?

In 2012 X-Rite released an updated version of the EyeOne Pro called the EyeOne Pro 2 (i1Pro 2). This version replaces the extremely stable revision D version that people have known and used for years. The accuracy of the EyeOne Pro 2 is the same for the original EyeOne Pro. It looks and feels like it is better built, and is heavier. It is better isolated from temperature (partially due to the aluminum outer shell) and it reads higher levels of luminance, but the vast majority of the improvements made are for reflectance readings for those who use it for photography and print work, not for the emissive mode that we use for calibrating displays.

The EyeOne Pro 2 looks and behaves identically as the EyeOne Pro as far as supporting software is concerned. If software supports the EyeOne Pro, then it will also work with the EyeOne Pro 2. No ChromaPure software or driver changes are required.

New EyeOne Pro 2 on left, original EyeOne Pro on the right:

To order see: http://www.curtpalme.com/ChromaPure_EyeOnePro.shtm

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JANUARY 24, 2021: Effective immediately, all EyeOne Pro orders will now ship with the new EyeOne Pro 3.

How does the EyeOne Pro 3 compare to the EyeOne Pro 2?

The i1Pro 3 supports higher levels of luminance (5000 nit luminance limit). It was developed to accommodate the higher light output used by HDR.

From left to right: i1Pro 3, i1Pro 2, original i1Pro

To order see: http://www.curtpalme.com/ChromaPure_EyeOnePro.shtm

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> ChromaPure Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: