Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Barco 1209s does not start

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hypno89

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:53 pm    Post subject: Barco 1209s does not start Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi guys,

I am new happy owner of Barco 1209s, succeeded to aqquire it two weeks ago. I started with collecting CRT monitors circa 1,5 years ago. Then I found out, that also exist these wonderful machines - CRT projectors and instantly felt in love.

Unfortenately, Barco doesnīt want to start. When it is in standby mode (big black button at rear pushed ON) and I push standby button on remote to start it, it doesnīt do anything. In the red LED indicators, the first one (stanby) is shining constantly and third one (processor) is flashing rapidly - this is in order and it should be possible to start projector.

Former owner recommended me to reconnect all 7 boards and to check all cables. I did it, checked all cables which are in reach (without dismantling anything) and tried to start it again, but with no success. Before I bought projector, former owner tested it and it was working fine with no errors, every indicator was green, tubes were ON, he sent me photos.

I tried also to remove every board one by one and try to get set running as described in troubleshooting, including removing EHT board, but again it didnīt do anything.

I would like to find the reason in first place, before I start getting and changing some parts. Could you please give me some advices? What things to check, how, in which order, eventually how to dismantle parts in way? I have read the layout, troubleshooting tips and tried to find discussions about this specific error here, but wasnīt much succesful.

Thank you in advance

Hypno
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you press the wired keypad on the back of the unit, does the sequence of the controller LEDs change at all, indicating they are registering the commands from the keypad? If so, hold down the unmarked/indented button on the keypad, then press '0,0,0' which resets the projector address. Do the same on the remote.

Otherwise, it is possible that the power supply has gone bad, causing the projector not to turn on.
Hypno89

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my post by "remote" I meant the wired keypad on the back. I donīt have remote control unfortunately.

When I press anything on the keypad, the sequence of the controller LEDs doesnīt change at all, it stays the same.

I tried reseting the adress, but no change.

I had here spare SMPS board (which should be fine), tried to change for the actual one and run projector, but situation stays exactly the same. So maybe quadrupler is KO?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the set doesn't turn on at all, then it's an issue between the keypad and the controller board, not the quad. the keypad isn't communicating with the controller. The contacts on the keypad can go bad, I've seen that a lot before.
Hypno89

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was issue with the keypad! There was not enough pressure inside the keypad, because some of the holders on the sides of keyboard are broken and one of inner screws was loosen due to broken thread. I fixed it myself and now the projector is running, everything seems fine. I will get remote controller for sure.

There is still lot of adjusting, learning about the technology and mounting before me, but I am happy Very Happy

Thank you for heping me
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: