Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

JVC RS46u Deal or no Deal?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTS

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Well that's great if the PQ is hanging in there then no reason, as you say for 4K there really isn't much out there for content at this time.
And here I always thought it was just a hobby for you, I suppose it started out that way. Great to see you doing so well with it as a business. I guess it won't be long before you retire....rich too, lol.

I'll be enjoying the retirement more when I finally move out to Vancouver Island where I can golf all year round. But this virus has sort of delayed the move at least another year, but some day.

Cheers,

kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTS wrote:
I guess it won't be long before you retire....rich too, lol.

Not sure about that! Wink I don't picture myself ever completely retiring... But never say never!

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
WTS

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
WTS wrote:
I guess it won't be long before you retire....rich too, lol.

Not sure about that! Wink I don't picture myself ever completely retiring... But never say never!

Kal

That's right, but if it's also a hobby as well then it's not really retirement is it and it just keeps you going because you like doing it. It's not a job where you're putting out to make someone else or some company rich.

But hopefully you can still retire rich(money wise rich), hey then you can buy that new RS4500, damn you'd need to be rich to buy that one, ha-ha.

Take care,

kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I'm never going to be the person who buys the first gen of anything at a 5x premium. Wait for second or third gen at substantially reduced cost.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
WTS

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
Yep, I'm never going to be the person who buys the first gen of anything at a 5x premium. Wait for second or third gen at substantially reduced cost.

Kal

Ah you're right, I guess the present JVC 4k machines are their first gen as the last 4k machines were only e-shift. So yes it's wait for the 2nd or 3rd gen then buy after they've worked out the kinks. By that time they'll be onto 8K machines with no content for it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: