Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

HELP! marquee 9500lc, it doesn't work anymore
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walteritaly

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject: HELP! marquee 9500lc, it doesn't work anymore Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hello everyone, im Walter from italy. I subscribed to seek help with my marquee 9500lc, which doesn't turn on anymore.
after many years of inactivity i decided to reutilize my projector, but when i did the led on the CLM card started to blink left and right, and right and left.
only the power supply fan's work, and nothing else, the rest won't go on.
So i disambled completly the projetcor, i cleaned all the electrical plugs and all the cards and even all the CRT sockets.
Even the HVPS,LVPS cards and the electrical plugs are cleaned.
I assembled the projesctor compleatly but it still wont work.

Can you help me please, i would be very grateful.
-Best regards, Walter.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the battery on the CLM, replace it if it's under 3 volts. The original battery is now discontinued, but any other similar 3 volt lithium battery will work.
walteritaly

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
Check the battery on the CLM, replace it if it's under 3 volts. The original battery is now discontinued, but any other similar 3 volt lithium battery will work.

All right, thank you so much, i will try it as soon as i can!
Kind regards again -Walter.
dvh99

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try a replacement dpb if that doesn`t help.
but take off the dpb from the cmm first and clean all the contacts with alcohol.

Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I have seen six or seven like this; the problem is likely contained to the control board, possibly the IO processor. I have not been lucky trying to fix these so a new control board may be needed. Keep the socketed chips and DPB off the old board. Try to find one at least v3.4 as it has H Linearity correction. I have a battery workaround if you can't find one.
walteritaly

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dvh99 wrote:
but take off the dpb from the cmm first and clean all the contacts with alcohol.

Hi, sorry for my ignorance but what are the dpb and cmm?
walteritaly

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:

I checked the battery on the CLM, and it's 0 volts. I found and ordered a new identic battery online, it'll arrive in some days so i'll try to substitute them and i'll see what happens.
walteritaly

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim in Phoenix wrote:
Hello

I have seen six or seven like this; the problem is likely contained to the control board, possibly the IO processor. I have not been lucky trying to fix these so a new control board may be needed. Keep the socketed chips and DPB off the old board. Try to find one at least v3.4 as it has H Linearity correction. I have a battery workaround if you can't find one.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Unluckily i don't understand much about electronics and i don't have a CLM replacement.
I don't know what's an IO processor, i'd like to update all the projector's boards to the max possible performance and i'd like to update the software to the latest version but i don't know how to.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See my post on the for sale page. I am clearing out either untested PC boards for cheap, or I can sell you a full set of boards to have as spares if you want as well.

At this point, it's probably a really good idea to have a set of spare parts on hand since these sets are getting old.
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

"I don't know what's an IO processor". It's a chip marked U16 on the control board and it is socketed for simple replacement. U35 chip is the main firmware v3.4 or whatever. The DPB is the larger board on top of the control board; it manages things related to different scan rates and resolutions. The Stigwave board is the smaller board mounted on the control board; those do not fail often.

Tim Martin, E-Tech Systems Scottsdale

ehometech8022@yahoo.com

480 253 2781 please text me first
walteritaly

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim in Phoenix wrote:
Hello

"I don't know what's an IO processor". It's a chip marked U16 on the control board and it is socketed for simple replacement. U35 chip is the main firmware v3.4 or whatever. The DPB is the larger board on top of the control board; it manages things related to different scan rates and resolutions. The Stigwave board is the smaller board mounted on the control board; those do not fail often.

Tim Martin, E-Tech Systems Scottsdale

ehometech8022@yahoo.com

480 253 2781 please text me first

Hi Tim, thanks a lot for the information, I've understood which are the cards.

I've already disassembled the Astig and deflession board, I' ve cleand
electrical contacts, removed and cleaned the 2 chips on the DPB board, but it still does not work.

In a few days the lithium battery will arrive and hopefully it will work.

Many thanks again
All best
Walter
walteritaly

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dvh99 wrote:
Thank you dvh99, I did the job but it doesn't work.
Tonight I will replace the battery on the CLM, I hope it will work
dvh99

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i`ve had the same knight rider symptons with a bad dpb but then again it could originate from several failures elsewhere as said before.
good luck with the battery replacement, hope it` ll solve your problem.

if that doesn`t help run the pj with minimal connections i.e. focus board stig board and convergence board disconnected and just 1 colour green par example (remove the hv leads from blue and red) to find the faulty board.

bueno fortuna or something.

walteritaly

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dvh99 wrote:
i`ve had the same knight rider symptons with a bad dpb but then again it could originate from several failures elsewhere as said before.

if that doesn`t help run the pj with minimal connections i.e. focus board stig board and convergence board disconnected and just 1 colour green par example (remove the hv leads from blue and red) to find the faulty board.

All right thank you so much for the information i'll try to do that!
walteritaly

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dvh99 wrote:

All right thank you so much for the information i'll try to do that!
walteritaly

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject: battery replaced, but still doesn't work Reply with quote

I just replaced the battery, now the projector turns on with the remote and all the fans work, even the tubes' ones, but the rest doesn't work.
When i turned it on i heard a whistle like a charging capacitor.
On the back of the CLM the leds are still on.
I tried to turn on the projector with just HVPS, LVPS and CLM but it still doesn't work and all the red leds are still on, and they swing from left to right and viceversa.
At this point i think the problem is about the CLM, is it possible to test the CLM with a VDC tester or maybe repair it??

Thanks everyone
walteritaly

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dvh99 wrote:

I really need a lot of luck Rolling Eyes
dvh99

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps karmat63 (forum member from italy) has spares and maybe he is close to you.
otherwise i`d take curts offer if you want to enjoy the look of analog projection.

walteritaly

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dvh99 wrote:
perhaps karmat63 (forum member from italy) has spares and maybe he is close to you.
otherwise i`d take curts offer if you want to enjoy the look of analog projection.

Thanks Dave, i'll try contacting karmat63
dvh99

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you`re obliged to run the pj with the hdm and vdm connected otherwise the pj won`t run.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: