Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Movie & Media Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:59 am    Post subject: 1917 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
from a friend I sometimes strongly disagree with on movies, but it sounds promising

Quote:
Wow that movie was amazing. It is a very most realistic war movie.
It had an amazing sense cinematography and amazing acting. It was probably better than Saving Private Ryan I would think that I'm a different scale. Truly impressive and definitely worth going to the movie theater to see it
View user's photo album (2 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing this one. I love this genre of movie and have enjoyed Sam Mendes movies in the past.

I'm also currently reading Ken Follett's Fall of Giants which covers WW1 stuff (among other things). I've seen/read so much about WW2 that it's interesting to take a step back and see how we got to WW1 in the first place (which many would agree led to WW2). You know the old saying "those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it". Wink

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
HaydnG90

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably one of the few films I'll go see at the cinema this year, along with James Bond
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll wait. I find going to the movies frustrating as the audio/video is never great, even in the theaters that are supposed to be "high end". I always enjoy it more at home.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
Looking forward to seeing this one. I love this genre of movie and have enjoyed Sam Mendes movies in the past.

I'm also currently reading Ken Follett's Fall of Giants which covers WW1 stuff (among other things). I've seen/read so much about WW2 that it's interesting to take a step back and see how we got to WW1 in the first place (which many would agree led to WW2). You know the old saying "those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it". Wink

Kal
I read Eye of the Needle in Junior High and then Pillars of the Earth about 20 years ago? Both were also made into movies.
Don't read much about War anymore though, what you eventually find out is that it's 99% bad. WW1 was interesting in that it led to the collapse of the European Monarchies, which was good.
But it also signaled the rise of the Industrial age, and with them a new Capitalist Aristocracy. So we can say things got better , but always a violent and murderous transition for society followed by a slew of new problems.

That's really what scares me, we are in the middle of another transition, and we have massive global climate change to add to the mix
View user's photo album (2 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Movie & Media Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: