Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Sony VPH-D50 convergence / tube alignment

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faxesystem

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject: Sony VPH-D50 convergence / tube alignment Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi, I got my hands on a VPH-D50 and played around with it last night. I've read the setup guide but I can't get the blue tube aligned as described in the manual. I found something about manual toe in that has to be done on CRT projectors but sadly I can't find any information on how to do that on a VPH-D50.

When trying to align the lines via the menu I can't get the blue line low enough. Also I don't have a remote.

So is there a way to manually adjust the tube alignment?

Thank you for your help.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, use Zone 1 in the convergence menu (middle zone), which is the coarse raster shift for all tubes. Toe-in is only for left-right movement, not vertical shift.
Sony doesn't make any of this clear in their otherwise excellent manual, I was answering this question at least 3 x a week back in the day. Smile
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't do much on a D50 without a remote. Find one of those. Same one for the G70 and G90 FYI

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
faxesystem

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your answers and happy holidays. Regarding not having a remote. When activating the serviceman mode I can see all the nice options but I can't select any of them. It just says "GUIDE" on the right side and is not showing any sub menus or options. I assume that's what I need the remote for?
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faxesystem wrote:
Thank you for your answers and happy holidays. Regarding not having a remote. When activating the serviceman mode I can see all the nice options but I can't select any of them. It just says "GUIDE" on the right side and is not showing any sub menus or options. I assume that's what I need the remote for?

Yes. It's the only SONY I notice that doesn't have a remote/control panel built in.

CRT.

HD done right!
faxesystem

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I already downloaded IRScrutinizer and got me the IR codes for the RM-PJ1000. I exported them to .asmr format and imported them into the android app "AnyMote - Smart Remote". I always kept a cheap Android smartphone with an IR sensor for such occasions. I'll try it at the weekend. Smile
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then remember this key sequence: ENTER,ENTER, ARROW UP, ARROW DOWN, ENTER. This gets you into ""Serviceman" mode

CRT.

HD done right!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: