Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

It's Barco 909 and other parts testing time!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:53 pm    Post subject: It's Barco 909 and other parts testing time! Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
As promised to a few of you, I am running through a bunch of Barco 909 boards as well as quads/splitters/EHT boards this weekend and next week.

A few have emailed me looking for assorted parts, and I've got a couple of 909s sold as well, so I am running through boards and whole projectors now that I finally have a 909 chassis on the bench.

My recommendation with regards to quads and splitters is to buy a full set of quad/EHT and the splitter, so that they get changed out or stored as a group. I've found that some of these components have drifted over time so that while they may work fine together, they won't work with other components already in sets. If nothing else, you've got spare parts that way for the most common thing that fails in all Barco projectors.

All quads are the older 1209s style, that are a ton more reliable than the 909 quads. I cap off the extra focus lead that isn't needed in the 909, and then just zip tie it out of the way in the set, away from the fans.

As for parts, I've got everything but controller boards for sale for cheap. Again, all parts will be tested for a few hours at 1080p to ensure reliability.

Pricing examples:

Barco 909 H boards. $50 USD plus shipping. I have a ton of these, from a gov't surplus deal I picked up years ago.
Barco 1208/1209/1209s/909 quad/EHT/splitter sets. $250 USD incl shipping in the US and Canada, $300 USD incl shipping anywhere else.

I have less of other boards, so pricing will depend on what you need. I'll also sell off full board sets for 909s, if you want a full set of backup boards. I have about 4 complete sets of boards that I will test.

Am starting to email people now...

I also have 3 or 4 Barco 909 projectors that will be for sale, starting at $1500 USD with good used tubes as well. Colored C elements are available, and add $300 to the price, installed.
sevs

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Looking forward to seeing more of this.
garyfritz

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt, out of idle curiosity, what's the EHT module? I dug all over and couldn't find an explanation...
El Duderino

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extra High voltage Transformer or Extra High Tension
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High voltage module + EHT in Barcospeak.

One 909 ready to go and sold, putting a second one on the bench today.
Dancrt

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I’m down just emailed 😋
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, regarding projectors and complete sets of 909 boards.

I have 5 Barco 909s here that are complete. All have good used tubes in them, and all have been tested for 24 hours for convergence stability and 100% functionality. Tubes show no wear, but are used. (came out of a planetarium that had a lot of blacks showing!) Emission and color balance is good.

Remote control included. Cases are in decent shape with minor marks and scuffs, the wired keypad cover is Velcroed into place, as they always break. Case can be taken off to be painted any color you want. Projectors are either black or blue in color, both original from Barco.

Your choice of HFQ900 lenses or the latest model of HD10L lenses from VDC, that some people say are even sharper than the HFQ900 ones. (do some searching in the forum here for varying opinions)

$1500 USD plus shipping.

Options: Add red and dark green C elements: $300 USD
Ceiling bracket: $150 USD (is either an original Barco or rebadged Runco bracket)

If you don't want to incur the cost of shipping, I will send out a full set of boards out of one of these sets, including quad and splitter, CRT neck boards, but not the motherboard, as it's riveted into place) for $1000 plus shipping. Again fully tested in a projector and set up for 24 hours. Overseas shipping is about $225 USD for two boxes, within the US, about $100 or so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: