Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Anyone wanting a Sony G90?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:19 am    Post subject: Anyone wanting a Sony G90? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Got a call from a client today that wants to dump three G90s. Two apparently work, one has issues. No idea as to condition or whether they have remotes and ceiling brackets.

Client is semi-local to me, but I'd have to take a day off to transport them to me.

I know a couple of people recently were looking for cheap G90s, so post here if you're interested. I personally won't be selling complete/retubed G90s any more, too many issues with them at this point, but if there's someone on the West Coast willing to pay say under $500 for one and is within driving distance, it might be a good way to get backup boards. Alternately, I could pull boards and ship them for the cost of shipping.

Just throwing it out there...the exact projector price will depend on what the client actually wants for them, I'm not out to make a killing on these.

Just post if you're interested, and then I'll know whether to pursue these or not. Thanks!
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, I have already emailed Craig Rounds, he has first dibs..
HaydnG90

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take a YA board and Moome card (if installed).
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, waiting to hear back from the client today to see if my offer (or lack thereof!) is accepted.
HaydnG90

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updates?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard back from them, sorry. I guess my ' I can take them off your hands' may have been an insult to them. Mind you, there was a day's driving involved for me to get them, probably two as I couldn't fit more than two in my Rav. Will update if I ever hear from them.
HaydnG90

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess they never got the memo CRT is dead.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HaydnG90 wrote:
Guess they never got the memo CRT is dead.

But OHH SO collectable!!

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
digitalayon

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get calls all of the time here in Utah. I had a facebook ad at one time looking for CRT stuff. I have since taken it down. I have been offered free 1209 and g90's. BYU had a massive load of a bunch to pick from. I have been picking up Digital's for ultra cheap lately.....not as cheap as CRT because everyone wants them unlike those CRT's but that's OK. But I got a call last year at a high school that had one in their auditorium. They said I can have it for free if I can get it down from 24 foot high. All I would be allowed to use is a ladder....ha see ya
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: