Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Marquee 9500LC ultra , with HD-10L Lens set
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me4500

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject: Marquee 9500LC ultra , with HD-10L Lens set Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
We have acquired a (Qty 17) Marquee 9500LC ultra , Lenses installed are Original Delta HD-10L , 3M lenses set.
Year manufactured from 2004 and up. All are in working condition comes with remote ,
Can include 75ft 4BNC cable for free if interested.
We are located in Toronto , Canada . Asking Price $1600 USD each plus shipping ( Price is Negotiable)
BUY 10 or more projectors and get a combo deal.

Can ship world wide, in a well padded Box on Pallet with Straps.

Last edited by Me4500 on Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense, I think you're a bit high. CRT is for all intents and purposes dead, and NOS 9500 Ultras were available online for under $500 a few years ago. Without you having history here, and no pictures or hour counts of the units, I'd say you'd be looking at closer to $200 USD per unit, if that. I've dumped all my Ultras a few years ago, but have tons of parts still.
ElTopo

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also mentioned you have Barco 909 Parts ?
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElTopo wrote:
You also mentioned you have Barco 909 Parts ?

They did mention that in their sales post in the CRT forum (which I nuked as it doesn't belong there). There were no details on the items available however.

If they have Barco parts to sell I'd suggest they can start a separate thread in this BUY & SELL section with the parts that are available and asking prices.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Me4500

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open to offers if you are interested in Buying 5 or more Projectors.

Last edited by Me4500 on Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Me4500

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
No offense, I think you're a bit high. CRT is for all intents and purposes dead, and NOS 9500 Ultras were available online for under $500 a few years ago. Without you having history here, and no pictures or hour counts of the units, I'd say you'd be looking at closer to $200 USD per unit, if that. I've dumped all my Ultras a few years ago, but have tons of parts still.

Sorry bro not selling just the remote is whole Projector , send me a link where people sell these for $200?
Andreas33

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.ebay.com/?mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&siteid=0&campid=5336656890&toolid=20008&mkevt=1

Last week in Germany, and it's mask free with 1000 hrs on it.

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess this newb doesn't know who you are Curt.

Current asking is nuts. And who is going to buy five 9500's these days. Not even in CRT's halcyon days. Maybe 2 for a blend.
Me4500

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HaydnG90 wrote:
Guess this newb doesn't know who you are Curt.

Current asking is nuts. And who is going to buy five 9500's these days. Not even in CRT's halcyon days. Maybe 2 for a blend.

Gee i know who he is, what do you want me do? life is not all about CRT to me maybe to you.I saw 2 people selling 9500's asking $3000 CAD and $3999 USD why are they not getting TROLLED?

Last edited by Me4500 on Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Me4500

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andreas33 wrote:
https://www.ebay.com/?mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&siteid=0&campid=5336656890&toolid=20008&mkevt=1

Last week in Germany, and it's mask free with 1000 hrs on it.

They said is less than 2000 hours, untested , it has HD-10GT17 lens .Im pretty sure next time he wouldn't sell it acution style without a reserve.
Any more links?
Andreas33

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I braught it 😉 less then 1000 hrs on counter, tubes clear, working and everything is fine 😎

And there is no market for crt anymore.
There are a few "idiots" who want them, but only for less money.

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GLWS
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me4500 wrote:
.I saw 2 people selling 9500's asking $3000 CAD and $3999 USD why are they not getting TROLLED?

There's a big difference between what people are asking, and what they actually sell for.

Here you go. Four new in the box MArquee 8500, at a starting bid of $250. Guaranteed they won't get a bid.

https://go-dove.com/asset/1/13188

I'm not trolling you, simply pointing out the truth and reality of where CRT is today.

To show that they are real, post pictures of them, pull up the hour count on each unit, and if possible, take the lenses off and show the condition of the tubes.
HaydnG90

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:

I'm not trolling you, simply pointing out the truth and reality of where CRT is today.

To show that they are real, post pictures of them, pull up the hour count on each unit, and if possible, take the lenses off and show the condition of the tubes.

Alternatively put them on Ebay and see what the market says. Make it worldwide and you'll get a true idea of the current state of the CRT market.

At a minimum you need to do what Curt suggests (pics, hours and tube face condition). We would all love to get back our original investments but sometimes reality has to be accepted. When someone can't giveaway a repairable Sony G90 you know the situation is dire.
Me4500

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andreas33 wrote:
So I braught it 😉 less then 1000 hrs on counter, tubes clear, working and everything is fine 😎

And there is no market for crt anymore.
There are a few "idiots" who want them, but only for less money.

You people are taking things way too serious over someone selling his stuff, if idiots are selling or buying CRTs then i suggest this forum needs to shut down base on your reply . You calling people who buy them idiots meanwhile you just went and bought one. Seen 2 guys selling for $3000 Canadian dollars and $3999 USD respectively for same Marquee 9500LC Ultra and no one is trolling them. That my asking price if you have an offer send it to me if not please keep your eye on the road so you don't run into a pole. Thank You.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your comments are definitely endearing you to potential buyers. Most entertaining thread here in a while..

My apologies to my friends around the world. Canadians generally are more polite than this. Then again, he's from Toronto. Very Happy
Andreas33

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the "idiot's".
There is a small, very small community that will buy a Dino like an Crt Projector.
So everybody knows when I call them "idiot's",I'm one too.
The market for those analog things is down, long time ago.
I've brought several marquee's for much more money than 3000 dollars.
But at this time....... 200 is a good start for selling these monsters.
Without knowing something about tube conditions and whatever......

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me4500 wrote:
Seen 2 guys selling for $3000 Canadian dollars and $3999 USD respectively for same Marquee 9500LC Ultra

And there they'll sit....unsold
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me4500,

You seem annoyed that people are commenting on the value of CRT projectors these days. Like many have indicated here, they're trying to educate you on the current value in order to help you sell them. They're not trying to sell their own units or cheat you out of money. If you're annoyed that they're educating unsuspecting potential buyers of the value so that you can't cheat buyers by overcharging, then that's not a very nice thing to do and it would be you doing the trolling. If you wish to sell at higher than market value to unsuspecting buyers, I'd suggest Kijiji, usedToronto.com, Craig's list, or similar. There are lots of sellers looking to nab ignorant buyers who think they've found a "deal". (aka selling a $35-40K projector at 1/20th the original price).

Ask whatever you want for these but set your expectations accordingly. Keep in mind that posting in a CRT enthusiast forum means the audience knows a lot about these units.

Me4500 wrote:
Seen 2 guys selling for $3000 Canadian dollars and $3999 USD respectively for same Marquee 9500LC Ultra and no one is trolling them.

The $3000 CAD Marquee 9500LC you mention also comes with an (expensive) Stewart 125" tab tensioned screen. It's here: http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42148
It is also not sold from what I can tell, and you'll note that I did comment that their mention of the original $10K price he paid is completely irrelevant. I don't want some unsuspecting buyer to think that has any relevance as technology often quickly becomes not longer in demand. Example: I remember paying $1000 CAD for a Pentium 1 CPU back in the 1990s. Today it's worthless.

I don't see the $3999 USD unit listed in our forum. I searched back through the entire BUY/SELL forum for "3999" and the only post that comes up is yours here. Got a link?

I also agree with Curt that being caustic towards anyone who comments is not going to get you any buyers ... but that's just me (and Curt too I suppose). Use whatever sales and marketing strategies you like, as long as they adhere to our forum rules.

Good luck with the sales.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:20 pm; edited 4 times in total
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

"Seen 2 guys selling for $3000 Canadian dollars and $3999 USD respectively for same Marquee 9500LC Ultra"

$3995 US would be me on a machine with as-new tubes under 200 hours. And a parts warranty. And a choice of lenses. I'm sure your machines are lovely, so put up some pics and read out the runtime hours. UTIL,9 0901, 6, 3

I used to sell four projectors a month; sold four in two years! And Curt bought two of them LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: